Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a1985 Kawasaki GPZ 900 A2 and would like to know following:

Front fork suspensions – the chromed tubes in the front fork suspensions are pitted and are leaking as well. I will get the new seals soon, though I am not sure if that will solve the issue completely. There are small holes in the moving section of the fork tube that moves in and out and that might bring the oil out every time. What are the options do I have to fix this? I am looking for the used forks from a same bike though I am not able to find those so far since the bike is more than 16 years old. Can I get the forks from some other motorcycle? Say from a 1985 kawasaki eliminator 900

Exhaust – I have an after market (Yoshi) exhaust on my bike. When I bought this bike ( which was two to three years back, I asked the owner if there are any after market parts in this and he did not mention anything. Now I know that the Yoshi exhaust is not the stock one. Coincidently enough, it seems that the exhaust is not pre jetted and I would like to get that done as well or replace it with a stock exhaust. Again, I am not able to find that due to the age of the bike. Any suggestions?

Instrument cluster - I am modifying the frontal section of the motorcycle and have replaced the frontal plastic with a head light assembly from KZ 750 and a wind shield from national cycles. I am also replacing the existing analog instrument cluster with a digital one from VaporTrainTech. Has anyone done that before?

Thank you
I have attached the same text with images in a .doc file. Since I don't know how to attach images here.

Attachments

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc can sell you new chrome tubes cheaper than you could ever buy OEM parts. I put a set on my wifes 800 when I built it from a wreck, the chrome still looks good after14 years. If you want to change fork length, as in stretch or lower they will cut your tubes to do just that. Best I remeber I paid under $80 for the pair.Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
For exhaust, I've actually got stock headers here. I'm not too happy with stock on my 1000, same engine and headers, just different bore really.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, Bob. Will it be okay if I give you a call regarding this ? I just talked with Frank's Eng. Inc.

Deepak

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For exhaust, I've actually got stock headers here. I'm not too happy with stock on my 1000, same engine and headers, just different bore really.
Do you mean you are not happy with the sound of stock ? and I should go with the jetting.

Deepak

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Do you mean you are not happy with the sound of stock ? and I should go with the jetting.

Deepak
mostly I dislike the slipons I have. the 4:2 exhaust thing just isnt me honestly, and the slipons suck. maybe I'll find some stock mufflers eventually, but I just havent decided yet. I may just sell te whole bike soon though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much Bob. After exploring various options, I have finally placed order with Frank's for the tubes.

Deepak

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
You are welcome. I feel confidant you will be very happy with their product. I have used their stuff since about 1969 when I was building choppers with insanely stretched front ends. Out of curiosity, how much for the pair?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Stock exhaust is commonly available on Ebay, condition may vary. I have the same yosh. pipe as you, louder yes, more power??, it already runs harder than I can ride so ??. Do you know what main jets you have now? Stock main jet size is 132.5 or 135 depending what model(country) you have. I have run this pipe with 132.5 with a stock air cleaner with mixed results(flat spot, stumbling). As I resurrect my A3 I changed up to 137.5 and a quad K&N. I have not run it yet as I discovered some cam pitting during disassembly, so I am getting my cams ground, larger of course.;)

Glenn

·
Registered
407 Posts
Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc can sell you new chrome tubes cheaper than you could ever buy OEM parts. I put a set on my wifes 800 when I built it from a wreck, the chrome still looks good after14 years. If you want to change fork length, as in stretch or lower they will cut your tubes to do just that. Best I remeber I paid under $80 for the pair.Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc.
+1 for Frank's Forks !! He refinished the upper tubes on my GS1100E, did a fantastic job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts