Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the front master on my '79 kz1000 and I can't get it to bleed. It's pumping air but no fluid is leaving the resavore. It' a used part so what might be the problem?:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can try letting it gravity feed until it drips or squeezing lever then before letting off, block the hole with your finger. Squeeze again, blocking the outlet each time before letting off the lever. Once you let off the lever you can take your finger off of the outlet side. Repeat this way several times until it works.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can try letting it gravity feed until it drips or squeezing lever then before letting off, block the hole with your finger. Squeeze again, blocking the outlet each time before letting off the lever. Once you let off the lever you can take your finger off of the outlet side. Repeat this way several times until it works.
Thank you I'll try that as soon as it stops raining (of course it starts to rain when I want to work on my bike). Say what year is your bike it looks clean.

·
Registered
145 Posts
when i replaced my lines,bleeding the back took no time at all...the fronts took FOREVER....i got a good firm lever, but it took a while....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just tested itand we have brakes! I did have to bleed them a little more but brakes are working fine now. I only had to repace the unit because the mirror had snapped off and was so rusted that it wouldn't tap out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts