Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Get wit it
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a problem I had two front wheels for my bike one wheel I interchange them out but i didn't pay attention to the wheel spacers I have two large spacers and two small spacers.

In putting the wheel back does call for one small spacer and one large spacer if so which side does the large spacer go

thanks

P.S is there a easy way to reinstall the wheel with the spacers

·
Get wit it
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am referring to the part # 92152 - 1078 its two of them are they the same size or one larger than the other the spec does not say

·
Get wit it
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Herk in reading the diagram and the parts diagram it clarifies the part numbers, do you have any suggestions on the installation Man it is so hard when you trying to hold the wheel and run the axle thur the wheel

·
Get wit it
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I got the wheel and spacers back on but the wheel is hard to turn. When the brake calibers are off the the rotors the wheel turn freely but when rotors are on the wheel is hard to turn

Any suggestions to what is going on

Wrong size spacers
brake caliber is stuck (but have to pump them when place back on rotor )

·
Registered
522 Posts
Probably wrong spacers yes, sounds like the calipers are butted up to the disc on one-side and you are pumping the opposite pistons only to meet it.

·
Get wit it
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks One Shade of Green i check the measurements of spacers I may have the wrong set of spacer in LOL this make the sixth time i have taking the front wheel off LOL

·
Get wit it
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I did get the spacers mixed up I read in an earlier post the spacers that goes to my year is 19MM I am sure i put the bigger ones on which are 22MM.

As for shim brake caliber can you explain it

·
Get wit it
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks

Update I just replace the spacers with the 19MM spacers and the wheel moves better than what I had . I forgot that the spare rim and tire was from a 2000 ZX6R which calls for a bigger Spacers. Once again thanks for all your input and help.

Cedric
99 Ninja ZX 6R

1 - 16 of 16 Posts