Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh last week out on the bike mid 60's today ice, snow,freezing rain, ect, cold weather so much for global warming made the long trek out to the storage shed just to say hi to her. Now all I can do is dream on where to ride in the spring!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
How much of the stuff did yoose guys get? We ended up with about 8" here near the zoo.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
I "think" we got about 7" of snow....but with the winds there is alot of drifting. Some spots are 4" and some are 12". Never the less....no riding :(

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya, freezing rain and snow here. What a mess. Shouldn't complain though, our brothers (and sisters!) to the north have it a lot worse than us.

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
I rode twice this week (maybe 150 miles total).

It started raining yesterdat (no sleet or snow or ice) and didn't quit for 24+ hours and several inches later. Water is still crossing some roads, ditches are full, there is nowhere for the water to go. The rivers went above flood stage in October (really unusual to do that) and they are still above flood stage. The levees are holding, but they have been under pressure for months. More rain expected Wed and Thurs.

Seriously, guys, I am worried about late March and April. I really expect some serious flooding this spring.

For example, the Ouachita River is normally about 20' at this time of year. Yesterday BEFORE THE RAIN it was 40.9 feet and will rise another two or three feet from this rain. Flood stage is 40 ft. All our rivers and bayous are swollen and still rising.

·
living in 3/4 time
321 Posts
We got 6 inches in Burlington and it is now nice an crunchy from all the sleet. It will be a couple days before we thaw out

·
Registered
67 Posts
yea, whats the deal with the weather down there, I live in iowa and I wanted to see how far south id have to go before i could ride in comfortable weather.....Holy crap!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Better you than us in Nebraska! We got snow coming out our azz.

·
Bug Killer Extraordinaire
490 Posts
yea, whats the deal with the weather down there, I live in iowa and I wanted to see how far south id have to go before i could ride in comfortable weather.....Holy crap!
:lol: Hope you brought your passport.
I wonder if anybody froze at the border crossing?

·
Registered
67 Posts
its been bad for us too, between dec-jan, we havent gotten this much snow since 1880's...or so says the weatherman...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
heck its was sunny and 80 here in ohio today..................................oh hell who am i kiddin.......its freakin cold.......

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
Here in Western Arkansas we got 1 inch of ice topped off with 5 inches of snow. According to Weather dot com (the liars) I won't be riding for a couple more weeks yet. Bummed out!! :( :(

:D
Aif

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
heck its was sunny and 80 here in ohio today..................................oh hell who am i kiddin.......its freakin cold.......

Ya, but we're used to it.

Had to laugh when I saw the news that 1"-3" of snow was shutting down areas of Virginia (if I remember correctly). Here in western PA, we call that a dusting... :lol:

You southerners are just getting a small taste of what we deal with all winter.

But I do feel for you. Your not used to it, and when it melts, your gonna get really soggy, really quick.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ya, but we're used to it.

Had to laugh when I saw the news that 1"-3" of snow was shutting down areas of Virginia (if I remember correctly). Here in western PA, we call that a dusting... :lol:

You southerners are just getting a small taste of what we deal with all winter.

But I do feel for you. Your not used to it, and when it melts, your gonna get really soggy, really quick.
oh i know...i used to get a kick outta of my cousins from georga when they would come up every yr for thanksgiving....they said if they get a inch of snow down there they would shut the schools down.......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts