Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Is she Blonde?
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new windsheild from ceebaily's..it came today..man was I excited!
Nice grey tint..cut open the box..wow looks bigger..what the...It is bigger.
Run inside I am going to rip them a new one..get e-mail and their website all ready to go and I see that there was another windsheild listed for the bike???? what the... DOH!!!!! I ordered the wrong freakin one!!!!!!!!!!:oops:
Cant I do anyting right??? whatever project I try to do that is going to be really cool and easy...I mess it up..or break it or loose a part to it..or can't find the exact socket I absolutely have to have to put something together..
Do I need to ride the short bus????:toetap: I already have the helmet..or Is it that I have been with a blonde woman for 25 yrs???:nopity:
How did I get thru 17 months of riding a motorcycle without killing myself or others...OH thats right i have the helmet us mentally challenge people have to wear every where they go so they don't hurt themselves. I'm just standing here waiting for my short bus to come. :shock:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Man, you sound like me. Every time I start a new project I estimate how long it will take. "This should take me 2 hours", I say to the wife. And 5 hours later I'm still fighting with some bolt that won't line up, or with a piece of wood I cut the wrong size; or with the totally wrong part I picked up at the hardware store. I feel your pain dude.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Been there.
It's happened to us all at one time or another.
Don't be so tough on youself :) :)

·
Kimberly Dawn 1966 - 2009
999 Posts
At least you might be able to send it back..

Go look at my thread for help on a wiring screw up.. I KNOW the feeling you are talking about.:tongue:

Some days it is easier just to look at the bike in the garage than to work on it. :tongue:

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
I gave up on trying to estimate how long a project will take long long ago. You never what is going to come up to slow you down. Sometimes projects that I think will take all day end up getting completed in just an hour or two. Go figure.

·
Every dog has it's day...
1,113 Posts
I gave up on trying to estimate how long a project will take long long ago. You never what is going to come up to slow you down. Sometimes projects that I think will take all day end up getting completed in just an hour or two. Go figure.
+1 and then the easy ones take FOREVER!

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
I ordered a new windsheild from ceebaily's..it came today..man was I excited!
Nice grey tint..cut open the box..wow looks bigger..what the...It is bigger.
Run inside I am going to rip them a new one..get e-mail and their website all ready to go and I see that there was another windsheild listed for the bike???? what the... DOH!!!!! I ordered the wrong freakin one!!!!!!!!!!:oops:
Cant I do anyting right???
cee-baily's are really good to work with. I have my windshield from them and they helped me out. They'll do a swap out for you unless it was custom made. Only cost you the shipping back and forth. Cheaper than eating all the cost. Call them - and in the words of Dalton the bouncer - be nice!

·
Registered
137 Posts
You are not alone.

First time I changed the oil in my 900 my dad and I figured it would be a quick and easy job. HOLY !!!!!!!! Seriously. We ended up with a screw driver in the end of the oil filter trying like you wouldn't believe to get that dang thing off. I mean it was like they hired the worlds strongest man to tighten them things on or something. The oil filter was completely destroyed by the time we were done.

That my friend should of been a warning to my father and I. Seems no matter what project we start together we find a way to make it last 10 times longer than needed. We hardly drink during any of them either :)

Fitz

·
Is she Blonde?
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update

Had a couple of beers saturday night and said what the heck..it's only $160 windsheild right??? clamped and laid old windsheild over new on and drilled the correct holes..yes it cracked..and after the 5th beer I didn't care.
Put all the chrome strips and badge on and it covered the cracks.
bike012.jpg picture by powershotent - Photobucket
bike009.jpg picture by powershotent - Photobucket
bike010.jpg picture by powershotent - Photobucket
See how massive that sucker is. It is both higher at the top and lower on the bottom from the top of the headlight cutout. Also notice how BIG the headlight cutout is??? Well I had to line up the sheilds from the bottom because of the turn signal housing. If Ilined up the sheilds at the top of the headlight cutout then I would have had to cut 2inches off the bottom to clear the turn signals. So my new sheild has a massive opening for my headlight. nice air flow thru the triple tree.
My daughter and I went for a 90 minute ride sunday and it works o.k.. Thought the wind thru the triple tree would cut off the wind turbulence from not having lowers...but no luck. Bike ran great..got lost...good scenery..great lunch..nice curves and valleys we ran thru..all in all I am poud of myself..can I at least sit in front of the short bus?
yes those are bug splatters..no i didn't wash it before the pics
p.s. the sheild comes to the top of my helmet..I am 6ft tall

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Probably should let the Mrs., handle the difficult stuff.

·
Is she Blonde?
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my mrs. is the most difficult project yet to tackle...keep puttin it off though..she's a tough nut to crack

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
Call them most retailers will ship the new one and only charge you the extra shipping costs plus you will have to ship the other one back. You may have to float the other payment until they get the part back. I have done this a "few" times with no problems from JP Cycles and Motorcycle superstore.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
HAHA! I know your pain. I have a tool for everything, but it seems like when I get into a project I can never find the RIGHT tool!

I did my first oil change on my new Vulcan 900 today, and after a 40 mile test drive with the new fluid ( :D ) I discovered that I was leaking said new fluid. Seems as though when I removed the oil drain plug, the rubber o-ring was also removed....and not replaced. :( A lot of fun dumping my 40-mile old new oil!

BTW, a little hint for those that have an '09 900, you don't have to completely remove the drain plug. The threaded shaft is hollow, and has 4 holes at the end to drain the oil. Just back it out about a half inch.

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
I guess the buss is filling up quick. LOL Usually, it's all the trips back to the hardware store that kills the day.

And you know what my biggest thing is? I don't test anything. I always get it all put back together before I try it. That way I get to tear the whole thing back apart. Why do I do that? Short bus guy, I guess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts