Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my air filter out of my bike last night and there is a puddle of fuel in the bottom of the air box. Could this be from running the choke to long?
If not, does anybody have an idea? 03 kaw. Prarie 360. Thanks in advance. :?:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
FUEL

Change out the air filter, take it out and run it really good till it is really upp to real temperature...then come home wait for it to cool off some an dcheck it out. Fuel is wierd in that cold weather causes you to use the choke and then again the engine may not see long enough temperatures at the proper temps to get it all out of the system...beware of using the choke any longer than necessary...not a good thing...it's really rough on plugs...The reason for the airfilter is because if it is even slightly full it will cause the motor to run rich and cause the fuel to stack...and you will only make matters worse. The airfilter assorbes mositure like any paper does and becomes less effective at passing air when it is wet...and even after it has dried out...Too drain out all of the old gas and put FRESH gas in it before you run it with the new filter in it. Old gas does break down...even with STA-BIL in it. Save the stuff to put in with the lawn mower gas can...make sure that your idel is set properly and use the throttle instead of the choke once it is started...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem with my EN500 and have sorted it. Aparently it is a common problem with kwackers.

What is happening is the primary jet is clogged with crap and the system is trying to sook the fuel up through the main jet. This is causing the airbox to fill with fuel.

The remedy is very simple. You cut one strand of a wire brush after removing the primary jet. You use this strand to scrape all the crap out of the jet. No amount of compressed air will shift it. You have to push it out with this strand of wire. The strand is smaler than the jet size so it works a treat.

I thought it was float heights in mine because of the amount of fuel running back but this has come from a kawasaki mechanic who on being described the symptoms came straight out and said that the above was the fault.

I fixed mine and got it rumming ok and have just got back from a short trial and everything is rosy.

Hope this helps you m8 and anyone else coz I was in the throes of booking it into my local kwacker agent for a carb overhaul. Think i just saved myself a fortune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts