Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the forum and glad to have found a place for discussion on mean streaks.

A friend of mine has a meanstreak and we have been talking about turbocharging it. I have experience with turbocharged engines and I think it would be a fun project so I am looking into the feasibility of it, and what all it would entail.

One of my concerns is whether the fuel injectors and/or the air flow meter will saturate at redline rpm when running, say 6psi boost. I can make some calculations to figure this out IF I can find some specifications of the injectors and the air metering device.

So here are my questions:

1) What size injectors are used on the meanstreak? I need it in a flow rate per time like lbmass/hour, cc/hour, something like that. The only info that I have found is that it uses mitsubishi digital ignition with dual 40mm throtle bodies, which tells me nothing that I need to know.

2) What type of air metering does it use? Is it a potentiometer/gate type with a flap that gets 'pushed' open as the air flows through, or a mass air flow that measures the frequency of vortex oscilation behind a probe or? And does anyone know the limit of the amount of air flow that the sensor can detect, above which it will indicate no increase in flow?

Aside from these things, the turbo would have to be sized, detonation would have to be prevented, and lots of fabrication would need to be done, but I can handle that. I am however having no luck finding info on the things I mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Maybe mr turbo can help. He sells turbo kits for the meanie:
http://www.mrturbo.com/

Otherwise you might have to contact Kawasaki for this info. Maybe a Kaw mechanic would have this?

Phatboy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts