Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else take some time to get used to a bike with fuel injection?

I bought my first ever bike with it this week and it seems like it is much touchier about being on or off. It seems to take alot more precision and a more delicate touch on the throttle to ease it up and down than a carb.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I haven't noticed a difference in throttle response between my old VN750 and my new 900 except that the 900 has a more precise throttle when I'm trying to stay at a certain speed.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
on a sportbike there is a big difference in throttle response, much more control is needed than with a carb bike.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
From what I have heard FI is more choppy in on/off throttle action because, especially getting on the throttle, the response is much more immediate whereas with carbs there was an element of lag...

On the flipside, I've heard that once on the throttle, FI is much more linear in its response, whereas with carbs when the power would come it would come all at once and this would create problems if you were leaned over taking corners.

If it helps though my 636 is quite choppy as well when doing on/off actions.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Freaked me out the first time I had my hand resting on the twist grip and I turned on the key. Grip moved by itself - I thought I was going nuts for a sec, then remembered it was FI. I haven't really noticed that much difference, other than you have to be more precise to hold a set speed. If you do any mountain riding, you will love FI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts