Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 VN 1500 a9. There is a small rubber hose that I assume is a vent line attached to the plastic cover on the underside of the fuel guage on the bottom of my gas tank. When I crank the engine to start, or if the bike is running fuel pours out of this line which, as far as I know, isn't supposed to have gas in it at all. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Just a hunch but I don't think that is a vent line coming off the bottom of the tank. They usually come off around the filler neck or a venting cap. If I recall correctly from when I flushed the radiator, there are three hoses coming off the fuel tank. Forward, starboard is a vent line than snuggles it's way back under the tank to exit behind the engine, and then there are two fuel lines on the aft port side. The forward of these comes straight down out of the tank and the aft has a 90 degree turn facing aft (kind of like an L) These latter two both carried fuel.

·
Birmingham AL
17 Posts
Fuel over flow tube? If the vent hole is clogged (compressed air to clear out) over fill tank than tilt the bike on side and fueling when it is warm than the gas expanse even more will cause the over flow to drain out maybe possible causes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a hunch but I don't think that is a vent line coming off the bottom of the tank. They usually come off around the filler neck or a venting cap. If I recall correctly from when I flushed the radiator, there are three hoses coming off the fuel tank. Forward, starboard is a vent line than snuggles it's way back under the tank to exit behind the engine, and then there are two fuel lines on the aft port side. The forward of these comes straight down out of the tank and the aft has a 90 degree turn facing aft (kind of like an L) These latter two both carried fuel.
my tank has the 2 lines coming off the fuel shutoff valve, then one leaker coming off the bottom of the fuel guage on the bottom of the tank, and one coming from the rear of the tank going down behind the engine. There are no hoses on the cap or filler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.