Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wonderin if anyone knew the ID/OD of the fuel line on a VN800a and possibly how long. Mine has been on since they built the bike and I wanna get the original right size. Thanks all....

·
living in 3/4 time
321 Posts
Fuel lines only come in a couple different sizes (1/4, 3/8) and are pretty easy to measure with a tape. Go to any autoparts store and they will sell it buy the feet. I think I paid $2.50 for 3 ft of fuel line for my 1500 and I just replaced all the lines on 1500.

But I agree with the above post, if you can't figure out the fuel line diameter by yourself do you really want to tear into the bike and start replacing it?

·
Registered
887 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaakkkk! wrong answer!! the 800 has two different sized ends. the carb end is 5/16, the petcock is 3/8, i don't know why. the oem hose bells out at the petcock end, 5/16 will work , but it's a bear getting it on the petcock.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well excuse me for not bein the geniuses you guys are even though I've heard dumber questions on here. Even though I dont really feel the need to explain myself, I just figured it would be easier to get an idea on what size to look for before I take it all apart just to put it back on just to take it back off. I would like to thank Cosmic for sounding like he has some sense.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaakkkk! wrong answer!! the 800 has two different sized ends. the carb end is 5/16, the petcock is 3/8, i don't know why. the oem hose bells out at the petcock end, 5/16 will work , but it's a bear getting it on the petcock.
You mean I was WRONG? :shock:
That explains some things now that I know the OEM line has different sized ends. The previous owner had replaced the fuel line on my 800, so I had no idea.

(I didn't think that was a dumb question at all, btw.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.