Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 KZ 440, I have 2 petcocks, one leaks, one doesnt flow. What are some sugestions on how to fix this??

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would take both of them apart and clean them throughly with carb clean and then replace all the o-ring/gaskets in them

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a problem with mine, in that I can't turn the bloody thing....

Its really stiff to turn, and difficult to grab with gloved fingers on the road. I've only had to use it once, when I ran the fuel down on purpose to see how many kilometres I got before I needed to flick to reserve. There was no chance of me turning it on the go, or even fitting my fingers in there to turn it, so I hadda pull over and do it.

If anyone's got any suggestions about how to loosen it up a lil, I'm listening. I know its gotta be fairly tight so it doesn't vibrate around on its own, but.....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
PETCOCK

What Joey said...only you should work it often, maybe not every day before you ride, but a t least weekly when you go over it for the things that you miss on a daily basis. I look at my tires evry day when I ride, but unless I see a problem, I only check the pressure once a week...oops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts