Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my mojave i recently did a carb rebuild. Now the bike runs fine but when I turn it off the fuel starts leaking out the overflow tube. If i turn off then gas then turn it back on it stops. The float is adjusted to book specs. Does anyone know what the problem is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
gas tank

its most probably your gas tank. THe petcock inside the gast tank must either havea leak or has been broken. The reason to why i know of this is, is because i had the same problem on my zx6r. Anyways, if you wanna find out if its your petcock you can try to empty out the gas and then what you should do is take out the gas tank. aim it in some light and look for the holes you can see through(with the fuel filter and fuel connecters taken off). If this is your problem then your going to have to get a new gas tank or....well if it is your problem lemme know ill show you a trick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This doesn't appear to be the problem. The fuel doesn't look like it leaks at the fuel tank. It gets to the carb and then leaks out of the over flow hose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i dont know how your overflow is but mine is connected through the tank. But if its going through the carbs and its comming out of there then i dont have a great idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts