Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I rode 149 country road miles Friday with lots of stops and goes, never getting into sixth gear and averaged a little over 35 MPG. I admit I hot-dogged practically every takeoff (couldn't help it the sound is so good). The mileage indicator was slightly optimistic showing 36MPG, or about one MPG more than I actually got. I got a good scare at the 149 mile mark, however, when the fuel light came on and the display suddenly changed from showing the clock to flashing FUEL over and over again; I about crapped in my pants! I thought I had totally run out of gas, but when I pulled into a nearby service station I couldn't pump in a drop more than 4.2 gallons of hi-test. I had one full gallon left in the tank, one gallon reserve just like the manual shows! Well at least now I know how to estimate fuel consumption in the future, and at that mileage I should be able to go approximately 180 miles on a tank of gas. I rode it over two hundred and fifty miles to Hattiesburg and back last week and the mileage indicator showed over 38MPG, but most of that was at 70 MPH in sixth gear, so my assumption is that on a trip I should be able to go between 185 to 190 miles on a tank. I'm not complaining, the bike rides so well and is such a pleasure to ride, and I think 36 - 38 miles-per-gallon ain't so bad for a big honking 104 cu in engine!:mrgreen:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts