Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I have an '87 GPX750R - it's in bits atm for painting

There's a small pipe coming out of the back of the tank that's not connected to anything, and seems to be plugged. Anyone know what it's for?

As the bike's not running yet I can't tell if it's important, but I thought it might be to let air in to replace the fuel coming out, in which case I should try and remove the plug (it looks like solder or something). If it's not vital I'll leave it alone.

Any thoughts?

Rich

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I've got the vacuum feed and fuel line connected to the left petcock, but what connects to the right-hand one? *shouts of 'noob' and 'moron'* but please humour me as this is my first project, and the object is to learn these things.

Thanks in advance

Rich

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi
Your on the right track the pipe on back of tank is a breather - comes out below fuel cap - is piped to drain box [like coolant overflow].
The right hand should have a fuel level sensor fitted - may have been disconnected [replaced with another pet **** to fill the hole]?
good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa dude you know your bikes!

There is a sensor there. Should the overflow from that connect to the same box as the breather pipe does?

Rich

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry about that -Australia in 80's didn't have EPA equipment fitted - like herk said follow the diagram- cannot go wrong.
Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts