Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they had red and green one there; the green on this model (forgive me if they use the same shade of green on all their models, i can't tell) seems too fluorescent for me, just someone about the green make it looks less bad ***. I love it on the zx-6r's and such but I think the all black body/black rims looks tougher than the green one. lol

Kind of tempted to get a Jardine exhaust. My friend who rides recommended them, I just can't stand the way the "metal box" (picture 2, to the right of the kickstand) on the bottom looks.

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
Looks gorgeous! Congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very pleased with it so far, great bike; I hesitate to comment on it because I only have about 1200 miles under my belt, and it's the only motorcycle I've ever driven so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like it big time!
I got one too and we share in common that I don't many miles under my belt either, but eh.... we'll get there.

Planning any mods?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 07 650 R and it has 000 140 kms on it. I am wondering what your bikes smell like. When i pull mine in the garage right after a ride it smells a bit like engine, maybe some oil but nothing crazy. I am just wondering what is normal? What smells do you guys smell from healthy engine when idling and when riding?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This may sound ridiculous but I followed the owner's manual precisely for the break in period - from 0 to 600 miles I kept it under 4,000 RPMs, took it in for the 600 mile checkup, and then from 600 to about 1150 miles (ok, so I cut it 50 miles short, you're not supposed to take it above 6,000 until 1200 miles) I kept it below 6,000 RPMs. Highest I've taken it to is 9,000.

As for the smell, mine smells strange sometimes too. If you look at my other thread on here titled "Smoke, Burning smells, and pictures" you will see my problem. I have to go to work right now but if you read the other post I made you might have the same problem as me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually read your other post after replying on this one, I do not think I have the same problem. I don't even necessarily have any odd smells I am just not sure what smell there should be because like you this is my first bike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm I probably wouldn't be too concerned about it unless your instinct tells you something is wrong. My father was an automechanic and owned several motorcycles and he basically said that some weird things will probably happen but not to be worried about it unless it's something obviously wrong or persistently reoccurring.

You can always call the service department at the dealership where you bought it, or some other mechanic shop, and describe your problem over the phone - I would try and contact the dealership where you bought it though, a random shop will probably just tell you to bring it in and charge you for it. If the smell isn't completely overpowering and you don't notice anything wrong with the bike there probably is not.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sometimes when I bring my 250 out of the garage and start it up and use the choke or rev it a little you can get a engine smell that seems pretty over powering. Thats just somthing to expect because the exhaust is right behind you and with the right wind you can get a good long wiff of the stuff when your waiting for your bike to warm up. I wouldnt fret unless it keeps happening when you are riding or the wind isnt blwwing from behind

Great pics, sexy looking bike if I do say so. And the black is the best color, and the color of my 250...but my twofiddy is EBONY lol not black. I love how it just looks BA with the black frame and plastics....that bike is a thing of beaty and a beast to be sure...I dont know if ill Ill continue the sports bikes or graduate to a cruiser after I expend my twofiddy...I got enough time ot think about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah black with black rims was my favorite without a doubt - the older models of the 650R are just absolutely hideous and appalling in my opinion, sorry if anybody here likes them but that's just not my style lol. Now that's not to say I don't like multiple colors on bikes, I just think the color scheme kawi chose was a little bit outlandish (ugly purple, black, cream white, silver rims)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I got lucky to find my favorite color, on my favorite iteration of this bike. I'm REALLY glad it didn't have blue or black wheels. And I'm not sure I'll ever warm up to the black belly pans on the newer ones. I thought this was a beautiful bike...until it got smashed up. ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
07250Ninja, that the same bike I have only 200km. When I found a 650r in that plasma blue I had no choice in the matter it was coming home.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts