Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having fun fun fun until Discover send the statement to me :lol:
Just wanted to review my mods for you guys

Rifle Classic L 22" windsheild: Compared to the 17" one my dealer had sold me it is like night and day. This thing is huge, but I can bring it up to about 23 inches and still see over the top. I got the rifle lowers too. I'm just getting this thing adjusted right. The F/S windsheild nearly took my head off at 45 mph, but this one I *might* be able to light a smoke going down the interstate (not that I'd try that on I-95). Very nice coverage and quality. Wind goes right over my head. I do feel the drag in the wind sometimes, but that's the price you pay. Oh- the big problem is that I don't realise how fast I'm going until I look down to see that I'm doing 80.

Thunder air kit: I went with the verticle s &s style kit. Unlike some of the other kits, this one the filter is not visible so the cover should afford some protection against rain. Looks great on the bike, but it is touching my right leg- not a problem. I left the bracket and cover on the left side for the time being- non functional but chrome. Install was a breeze except for that @#%*! crossover tube removal.

Powercommander: Easy to install and adjust. Limited number of maps availible. It might be dyno time.

Hard Krome 3" Big Straights: previously reviewed- awesome look and sound.

Since I did the air kit and powercommander at the same time I can't distinguish between the changes each made, but altogher the bike looks/ feels like a whole new ride. After I pay this stuff off then I'll go to comfort (seat backrest risers highway pegs) then chrome.

Phatboy

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh BTW- ordered the intake/powercommander from CruiserCumsomizing on a Thursday night and received my stuff monday. Not bad for free shipping.

Phatboy

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

sweet-that's a great setup :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts