Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a thread to see some of the questions/comments you all have gotten being a female rider. Here are some of the gems I've answered in my first season of riding.

(While pulling into a spot on my 250...which has a quiet stock exhaust)
Them - "Wow...that's a chick! That's so hot."
Me - "I can hear you. The helmet isn't sound proof."

(After dismounting at a gas station, a man saunters over to me)
Him - "Did you ride that?"
Me - "No, I pushed it here."

(When someone approached me as I was taking off my gear)
Him - "Wow, that's a really nice color! What is it called?"
Me - "Umm...blue."

My responses sound rude, but I promise you I'm sarcastically kind to the people ;) Anyone have any to add?

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
I'm sure I will think of others later, but the one that gets me, (usually after just getting off my bike and removing my helmet) is when they looked shocked and ask if I have a motorcycle license!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
A guy walked over and asked me if that's my bike.

I told him no, I just stole it!

It just kills me when you ride up on the bike and they ask you if you ride a m/c.

You can always ask them if that's their car, or did they drive it here.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
(While pulling into a spot on my 250...which has a quiet stock exhaust)
Them - "Wow...that's a chick! That's so hot."
Me - "I can hear you. The helmet isn't sound proof."
That's a great response!

I haven't gotten any comments or questions from anyone when riding yet. But when the topic comes up, I've had people tell me stories about how dangerous motorcycles are and people they know who got hurt (who were usually drinking and riding, not wearing proper gear or doing other things they shouldn't).

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
I love it when they say stuff like "What's it feel like when you hit 100mph?"

I just smile and say "windy". ;-)

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
I love it when they say stuff like "What's it feel like when you hit 100mph?"

I just smile and say "windy". ;-)
Which reminds me of a saying a friend of mine has....
When it is windy outside, people will ask him if he is going riding with it being windy outside....he tells them it is ALWAYS windy when he rides!!! :lol:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not to start another Harley Bash but......

I was waiting Keith to come out of a resturant and I was gearing up, a lady walks right up to me and asked which Harley was mine?

Now Keith rides a Suzuki Hayabusa and I ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak, so I say, I don't ride a Harley, I ride a Mean Streak. She looked so disappointed and walked away.....

Not to sure what to make of all that? :cool:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I was waiting Keith to come out of a resturant and I was gearing up, a lady walks right up to me and asked which Harley was mine?

Now Keith rides a Suzuki Hayabusa and I ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak, so I say, I don't ride a Harley, I ride a Mean Streak. She looked so disappointed and walked away.....

She probably felt silly or confused by your answer.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Not to start another Harley Bash but......

I get lots of folks commenting about how pretty my harley is. :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think for some people there are two street bikes: Harley and Crotch Rocket

If you have any type of cruiser or standard bike, you have a Harley.

If you have a sport bike, you have a Crotch Rocket

If you have a Sport Tourer or something that doesn't fit into the above categories then you are just confusing them with your "weird" bike.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree, Wendy. That's like people calling all SUV's "Jeeps", even if it's a Chevy or Ford or whatever. In the OBX this summer, we did a Land Rover tour through the dunes, and my cousin referred to them as "Jeeps." I wanted to smack her.

Nevertheless, I'm getting a good laugh at some of the comments you all have gotten!

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
That's a great response!

I haven't gotten any comments or questions from anyone when riding yet. But when the topic comes up, I've had people tell me stories about how dangerous motorcycles are and people they know who got hurt (who were usually drinking and riding, not wearing proper gear or doing other things they shouldn't).
I get that, too, Wendy, when I say I ride.

No one has spoken to me yet when I'm off the bike. I'm waiting though. And Kim, I'm going to store those smartypants comments away in my brain… :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most of my comments so far have come from my grandmother
"you have 2 kids to think about!"
me- "yep and someday they will be riding with me."
her face-----priceless!!
I love her to peices but she thinks that its ok for my husband to ride and not me.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
My favorites:

When you pull up

"Is that your bike?" &
"Where did you get it?"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Comments from teen boys are funny...I was stopped at a light with two other gal friends, and there was a bunch of high school boys in a neighboring car. I heard, "Whoa, s%*t, they're girls!" we turned our heads to look at them and they all started giggling like....well.....girls. Then one of the boys said "Chick biker gang...ha ha haha"

An older woman asked me once, "How does your boyfriend feel about you riding a motorcycle?" I answered "I don't have a boyfriend yet, but if I did, he should be riding next to me!"

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
Some gems I've gotten were:

When I asked for directions they replied with "From here?"

Just getting out of my car with wifey a woman passing by said "That's a ugly colour, what possessed you to buy it?"

And I also get the usual when driving my truck or bike, "is it hard to drive that?" Well it's all relative to your abilities, for me driving a truck is second nature & don't think twice about it, some people have a hard time just using the directionals on their sub-compact. Then again some people can't pat their head and rub their tummy at the same time:shock:

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
I agree, Wendy. That's like people calling all SUV's "Jeeps", even if it's a Chevy or Ford or whatever. In the OBX this summer, we did a Land Rover tour through the dunes, and my cousin referred to them as "Jeeps." I wanted to smack her.

Nevertheless, I'm getting a good laugh at some of the comments you all have gotten!
I have a hard time with people calling then trucks, then feel they need to back them in every where they go. To make matters worse, they can't use mirrors and usually can't get them in straight since they look over their shoulder. I've had Explorers (3rd one so far) and other SUV's & pick'em up's, never called them truck. Reality is ever wonder what happened to the station wagon? It became a SUV. BTW, a little drizzle, rain or even light snow is not only a reason to flip her her into 4WD, it ruins the transfercase & hurts gas mileage. Try this in a parking lot on dry pavement, take your 4WD, turn on 4WD & turn the wheel hard left or right & hold it there. Then put it in reverse (drive works too but R is easier) then let it roll slowly while holding the wheel fully turned. Most suvs will come to a slow stop very soon. This is the drive line winding up, keep forcing it and it causes excessive wear and/or damage to the drive shafts, axle joints, transfer cases, tires etc. Sorry to off on a rant here but it was just one of those things that gets me going, now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
I can't remember specific comments, just that some people tend to believe that I don't actually do what I do. When I talk about airplanes, I get asked if my husband's a pilot. I usually reply, "Yes, both of us are," then they're surprised that I fly too.
I've only gotten to ride on one ride with Gold Wingers, so most of the time that I see them is at meetings or other get-togethers where not many of the others have ridden, so most people automatically assume I'm a co-rider. They expect me to put my name in the co-rider column when we sign attendance forms. When I go out riding alone, I don't usually stop where there are people, and the occasions that I pull into a gas station, I don't pay attention to any looks.

freightshaker, I personally think the yellow Corvette is gorgeous. That's why I encouraged my dad to go with yellow when he bought his. He wanted that light blue, but after seeing the poster of the C6R on my wall, he was convinced my choice was better. I didn't used to like yellow cars. It takes the right body to pull it off.

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
Oh, and when I back my work van, a converted 15 pax Dodge, I have to use mirrors, except for backing it out of its parking spot at the shop. I can see the building through the back door windows. Backing down driveways, backing up driveways, and backing into the shop garage, I have to use mirrors, can't see crap through the back windows.
What I can't back is my bike with my full-face on. I can't turn my head to see behind me, and I can't see to use the mirrors with the handlebars turned. I need to go to an empty section of a lonely parking lot and practice backing into spaces.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts