Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody here have a diagram for a 1983 Kawasaki kz440 ltd that shows the fuses & what each fuse is for? also what amp fuse to use in each holder?

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts
That info is normally in the owner's manual. Do you have one? Have you check the mfr's website to see if one is available for download? Maybe a Haynes or Chilton manual is in your future 8)

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
The fuse box is probably embossed with info, usually >> MAIN, HEAD, TAIL plus the amps & wire colors.
For stuff like this you can find the part number at Partzilla, then search EB. EB pics are handy, especially NOS.
As mentioned before, the KZ400.com site has a wiring diagram for your motorcycle.

If you need fuses, verify & measure yours before ordering. On my 81 KZ650-CSR the main fuse box fuses are 25mm in length, while the accessory fuse box fuses are 30mm. 25mm = 1" & 30mm = 1-1/4". AGC & AGX. I forget which is which.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuse box is probably embossed with info, usually >> MAIN, HEAD, TAIL plus the amps & wire colors.
For stuff like this you can find the part number at Partzilla, then search EB. EB pics are handy, especially NOS.
As mentioned before, the KZ400.com site has a wiring diagram for your motorcycle.

If you need fuses, verify & measure yours before ordering. On my 81 KZ650-CSR the main fuse box fuses are 25mm in length, while the accessory fuse box fuses are 30mm. 25mm = 1" & 30mm = 1-1/4". AGC & AGX. I forget which is which.

yes the fuses are marked in the box as what's needed & what their for. I got power at each fuse including the one that goes to the headlight...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts