Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 zrx1200 that has been sitting for about a 18 months. I used to start it every once in a while to keep things moving. A few months ago I went to start it and it would not turn over. A kind of buzzing sound was coming from under the seat...I took of the seat and found that it was coming from the fuse junction box. I want to sell the bike as we have recently had a baby girl and I rarely get a chance to ride anymore, so I don't want to put much cash into the bike. Does anyone know about these junction boxes? Are they a part that just occaissionaly fails and need replacing or is it likeley to be somthing else causing it to buzz when I press the start button.
The bike has about 10000 miles on it and it is kept dry under a carport. I took off the connectors and fuses and all the connectors are clean.
I am no great mechanic but it looks like an easy part to replace... so I would rather not take it to the dealer for a $65/hr labor charger.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I forgot to mention That all the fuses are good and it has a new battery that has been fully charged.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have a 2001 zrx1200 that has been sitting for about a 18 months. I used to start it every once in a while to keep things moving. A few months ago I went to start it and it would not turn over. A kind of buzzing sound was coming from under the seat...I took of the seat and found that it was coming from the fuse junction box. I want to sell the bike as we have recently had a baby girl and I rarely get a chance to ride anymore, so I don't want to put much cash into the bike. Does anyone know about these junction boxes? Are they a part that just occaissionaly fails and need replacing or is it likeley to be somthing else causing it to buzz when I press the start button.
The bike has about 10000 miles on it and it is kept dry under a carport. I took off the connectors and fuses and all the connectors are clean.
I am no great mechanic but it looks like an easy part to replace... so I would rather not take it to the dealer for a $65/hr labor charger.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I forgot to mention That all the fuses are good and it has a new battery that has been fully charged.

Isn't this the same question, s the one with replies already in another thread....even i had replied, if my memory is correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I thought I would post it here aswell because there are a lot more people viewing this forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts