Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally happened. In the middle of one of my garage bays is a partially disassembled 500R waiting patiently on its centerstand for parts to come in the mail... and not just one part - one should be delivered today and two are coming! AND I'm spending money I really shouldn't on them! I sort of feel like only now does the bike really belong to me... if you haven't crawled around in the oily dirt on the floor, gotten grease on your hands, or had to decide whether to cut something off your bike or not, it's just not the same. :wink: Incidentally, I'm considering writing an install guide for the woodcraft 500R rearsets complete w/pictures - is that a good idea, where could I post it, any advice on it, etc?

·
Registered
35 Posts
oh yes, even though there are like millions of guides out there on the net it would be nice if people from the forum described their own experiences

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I agree....go for it! :)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I say go for it :) That means when I pick up a set of rearsets, I can come here to figure out how to put them on :)

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
There is nothing like rebuilding or modifying your bike. My brother and I are currently using the winter months to tear apart his vintage H-2 in order to rebuild the transmission (too many drag races have taken second gear) and rebuild the front and rear suspension and brakes on my GPz as well as paint it while it's all apart. After these two are back together I want to do an older KZ into a cafe racer but my wife and budget may not agree on that one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's going to be an interesting guide, longer than I thought - apparently I'm going to bleed the brake system... lol. Who would've thought I'd get to do so much to install rearsets? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts