Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this has already been address and fixed i coulnt find the fix for my bike the gas come out of the air cleaner from touse two little round holes as soon as open the gas and crank the starter and then it flods the carb and wont idle because of the exces of gas please hellllllppppp

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Hi Josep, Welcome to KawasakiMotorcycle.org.

We can help you, but you should always tell us the year and model of your bike. In this case it probably does not matter much as most carbs function the same way. It sounds like your float valve(s) are stuck. I don't know if you have a single, twin, triple or quad or how many carbs you have but more than likely you have dirt in the float valve(s) inside your carb(s).
Knowing the age of the bike would help because as they get older, you are better off just replacing your float valves.

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Ok, I see you double posted this issue with the other post providing details about your bike. This is why we don't encourage double posting. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Josep, Welcome to KawasakiMotorcycle.org.

We can help you, but you should always tell us the year and model of your bike. In this case it probably does not matter much as most carbs function the same way. It sounds like your float valve(s) are stuck. I don't know if you have a single, twin, triple or quad or how many carbs you have but more than likely you have dirt in the float valve(s) inside your carb(s).
Knowing the age of the bike would help because as they get older, you are better off just replacing your float valves.
Is a 1996 kawasaki vn1500 single carb the needle close the fuel flow but when you crank it it starts coming out of the 2 little holes on th outside port of the carb..... I just unplugged the vacuum line from under the tank and it stop the leak

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
No worries. I will lock this thread so you won't be getting advice in two different threads which gets confusing for everyone. Anyone interesting in helping Josep, please post your responses at the link below. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.