Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Add to the list: www.fulldaytouring.com - they make custom deerskin gloves, and I mean custom - from a drawing of your hand. I have 2 pairs, my husband has a pair, and another friend has a pair. They're great gloves. Mine came out so lovely, he put them in the website - mine are the red and black model of the Matawaska. It's hard for a woman to find great-fitting gloves, and this guy solved my problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas about non-leather gear for women, Silly me being a vegitarian, I don't like to eat or wear meat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
check out www.helmetcity.com

it's got a good selection, including non-leather jackets. i like the look of non-leather jackets myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ride with an Olympia Motosports AST textile jacket for max visibility and almost year round wearability. (I have it in the men's size for fit -- women's usually too small for me - not to mention the men's version is even more blinding!) It has a very nice liner that keeps you toasty down into the 30's without any heated gear and the liner is cut like a real jacket you can wear anytime.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/home.html

I found this site and am thinking about getting some chaps from them. Appears to be all textile. I like the light weight and the weatherproofing most textiles offer over leather.

http://www.coloradochaps.com/motorcycle_chaps.html

bik3rbunny

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have big calves (thanks to soccer) and I can't find any plain boots that will fit over them. Anyone have a similar issue and had any success?

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I have big calves (thanks to soccer) and I can't find any plain boots that will fit over them. Anyone have a similar issue and had any success?
sry I'm just now spotting this. The trick for you may be to find a good solid pair of velcro boots (such as AlpineStars, Sidi, etc). They come in a variety of colors and usually have a zipper/velcro on the bottom portion, and an additional velcro portion on top- allowing you to customize the fit to your calf and ankle.

·
Dark Angel of Sin
12,020 Posts
i have big calfs also and so far have had to go with low cut boots i have
Womens Vega/Nitro Metro Boots
Motorcycle Leather Boots from Milwaukee and Vega Nitro

if i ever find some high ones that will go over my calf i for sure will let you know icon boots not even close and sids do not either
it is a bummer big time

1 - 20 of 43 Posts