Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to riding, and I'm looking for a Black leather jacket w/padding, removable liner, and pink stripping at a good price. I'll settle for a plain black one too, but I can't seem to find anything on any of the sites listed above. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can you try men's sizes? I have big calves from bicycle racing. Sidi low and race style work for me but I wear a size 10 in mens (44 Euro). I have a friend with the same problem. She ended up in Sidi race boots too. They have adjustable top area so you can make it wider at the calf. Good luck!

·
Finally got my Ninja!!
611 Posts
been browsing craigslist for some gear and on ebay too, was wondering if there is a number equivalent to a women's xxl. went by a cycle gear store yesterday tried on two different brands of women's jackets and they only came in the letter sizes, didn't bother to think to ask about numbers. found a leather jacket on craigslist but its a size 42 so i'm not sure how it corrolates to numbers? would it be too big? i know the only way to know is to try it on, but i would hate to drive 30 minutes for a jacket that's hella big.

also found some boots on there she says they are a 7.5, only problem is i wear a size 8/8.5 in women, 7 in men .. do motorcycle boots tend to run small, true, or large in size? fairly cheap price only 40 bucks (they are HD boots, but hey gear is gear right... at least for now until other monatary forms come thru for me)

thanks for any and all help ladies.

gonna post this over on the sport bike section as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wear to Try gears on?

Hi everyone,
My name is Angela. I am 21 yrs old I just bought my first bike, 2003 ninja 250. I just registered it under my name couple of days ago and am trying to find the right helmet and jacket.

I've checked many online stores, but I wanted to actually go into one of the stores to try out the jackets and the helmet especially.

I live in Los Angeles, CA near Santa MOnica, and I was wondering if anyone knew any stores I can go to, to try on some stuff! Any suggestions would be amazing! Thank you!

ANgela

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Hi Angela,

Your inclination is correct- it's very important to try on gear in many cases, particularly when it comes to choosing a new helmet!
The best recommendation would be to simply go to any of your local bike shops and try the gear on. If you're looking to try on specific pieces, you can call the places ahead of time and see if they carry them. But it's best to try on a large variety of gear- from materials to brands- and get a better feel for what feels good, provides the coverage you want and has the pricetag you're looking for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanx Svetlana!

I think I am having trouble finding a local bike shops for some reason.. Any suggestions of stores around LA anyone??

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Thanx Svetlana!

I think I am having trouble finding a local bike shops for some reason.. Any suggestions of stores around LA anyone??
I can't help you there, though there's bound to be a lot. Just do a Google search and you'll come up with many and you can decide which ones are worth your effort going to.

You can also inquire if any of our LA members here have a particular spot they prefer- I would post a new thread under the Riding Gear forum and see if that helps :smile:

·
Patriot Guardian
2,469 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi angkim! Congrats on your 250!

I live in Santa Monica, and we usually buy from:

Cycle Gear (cyclegear.com - tons of stores in the area)
Del Amo Motorsports (off the 405 - going south, take the Inglewood exit)
Chaparral Motorsports (San Bernadino)

so, what we usually do is...price everything out first online (motorcyle-superstore.com or any others mentioned above) to make sure we get the best deal (gotta include shipping cost, if nec.), go out and try it on (if it is the same price, obviously, we prefer the instant gratification of buying it on-the-spot! woo hoo), if it's less expensive online, we just go home and order it in the size we just tried on.

Sure, it sounds a bit tedious, but, really, once you get to know your sizes with the different brands, you can save yourself the traffic hassle and gas and just order it online. Although, it's not like checking out all of the motorcycle shops is exactly a chore... :)

Have fun!

Christina

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you so much all for the help. I finally got my helmet, but I'm looking for a jacket and boots. I'm not sure if i'll be on the tracks much, probably street riding mostly. Does anyone suggest any good women's shoes or boots for street riding that isnt tooo expensive??

Angela

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking for women's riding jeans. I've been in the market for a while and have yet to find something. I'm an in between size in Undercover jeans and the draggin' jeans are a bit spendy. I want something with armor in the knees, hips, and butt-otherwise they are not worth it to me. Any takers?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Motorcycle & Leather Clothing Store - Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Biker Boots, Leather Pants & Chaps
I got my boots from leather up, had to put insoles in them, wish they had a bit more padding on the heel, but a pair of thick socks is an easy fix. They were only 70 bucks!
Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

Bought my summer gloves, new pants and hi vus vest on here, they have almost everything....

I also just found Motorcycle Helmets, Motorcycle Apparel, Motorcycle Tires, Motorcycle Helmet and Motorcycle Gear from Competition Accessories. They seem to have some decent deals......

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are really very useful websites to visit at least once. I had not buy anything but I had checked it out what to buy. I think ladies riding jeans will be there in these sites, and it is not too much costly. Check it out once.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had nothing but good experiences with jafrum.com They have a wide range of high quality leather goods at VERY good prices. They also have helmets, gloves, goggles, and almost everything you need gear-wise for riding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some of the links are broken, no longer valid for the original posting. Might be a good idea to purge the listing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is another that should be added in this list. They have a large variety of all the types of motorcycle accessories and apparel.
So add

21 - 40 of 43 Posts