Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
08 Vulcan 900 Classic
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some recommendations on gel seat covers. I need to get something while I am saving the money to purchase a Mustang seat. I start feeling the pain from the stock seat after about 30 minutes. Any ideas on what type and where to buy?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
saddlemen.... airhawk..... I never tried but was looking into them as well

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i just got a sheepskin gel pad havent really had a chance to try it out yet ... but my one riding buddy uses one also with his mustang seat...he swears by it

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
You might want to consider having the stock seat modified to fit you, its a lot cheaper and I love mine. Look at my post on had my seat fitted to my body. Pappie

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I've been looking at the gel pads also and am shocked at how much they want for a 3/4 inch thick medium pad. It's crazy. Just google gel pads and look what one for a wheelchair or regular chair costs. They seem to be made of the exactly same gel and memory foam, are much larger, and cost about 1/3 of the "motorcycle" seat pads. I am thinking of buying one of the ones for a wheelchair and cutting it up to see how that would work.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I've been looking at the gel pads also and am shocked at how much they want for a 3/4 inch thick medium pad. It's crazy. Just google gel pads and look what one for a wheelchair or regular chair costs. They seem to be made of the exactly same gel and memory foam, are much larger, and cost about 1/3 of the "motorcycle" seat pads. I am thinking of buying one of the ones for a wheelchair and cutting it up to see how that would work.
yeah there pricey...i paid $103.00 for a jumbo size sheep skin covered gel pad

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
yeah there pricey...i paid $103.00 for a jumbo size sheep skin covered gel pad
And a 3 inch thick wheelchair gel & memory foam pad is about $30.00 - go figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts