Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the gel seat today for my 900. The dealer said they were on back order but Kawai doesn't give them a time on how long they are back ordered. Has any one ordered one lately. I'd like to get a rough idea of the waiting time

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I just ordered the gel seat today for my 900. The dealer said they were on back order but Kawai doesn't give them a time on how long they are back ordered. Has any one ordered one lately. I'd like to get a rough idea of the waiting time
HA!
Good luck

I ordered my Flamed gel seat in July........

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
HA!
Good luck

I ordered my Flamed gel seat in July........
Must be why I'm not ordering any Kawi Bling. Same thing happened with my Highway bars. Got tired of waiting cancelled and got Cobra's. Gee had them in a couple days. Wake up Ma Kawi.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Must be why I'm not ordering any Kawi Bling. Same thing happened with my Highway bars. Got tired of waiting cancelled and got Cobra's. Gee had them in a couple days. Wake up Ma Kawi.
Yep, I was going for the V2K but ended up with Strat.
Due to the problems and lack of availability they lost a customer.
Yamaha does seem to care.....

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
like plasma blue i ordered mine back in back in july, finally got it in december, just in time for the snow and ice, never again ma kawi! like plasma says ya lost a customer!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ordered Kawi Gel Seat on Jan 10 and got a call from my dealer on The 17th that is was in. Picked it up and installed it on the 19th. Pro-Am Motorcycles in Calgary. When I ordered it they said it would take 7 days and they were bang on.

·
Michigan Back Road Rider
293 Posts
Ordered the custom gel seat - Comfort K53001-194 on the 14th of January and received it on the 21st. One week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The seat has the studs - K53001-191. Here is the web site:

Calgary Motorcycle dealership, Kawasaki - Yamaha

The seat costs more in Canada than you pay ($291.) If you add in the cost of shipping, duty and tax it would have cost me about the same as if I had bought in the US and shipped here.

Buying here and shipping to the US would cost quite a bit more.

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Just picked up the Gel Seat for the wifes 900 LT, and I think it's been a 6 month wait.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ordered a Saddleman profiler for my V2K. They're gel seats. Took just 10 days .... to Western Australia!!!

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
The kawi gel seat has been a nightmare. Crazy waits for some, immediate delivery for others.

Honestly, the Kawi get seat has been the best thing for Mustang, saddleman and Corbin in a long time. People get sick of waiting and cancel their kawi backorders and then pony up for the third party saddles.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The kawi gel seat has been a nightmare. Crazy waits for some, immediate delivery for others.

Honestly, the Kawi get seat has been the best thing for Mustang, saddleman and Corbin in a long time. People get sick of waiting and cancel their kawi backorders and then pony up for the third party saddles.
Kevin hit the nail on the head!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ordered the flamed one in oct. and they called yesterday that it was in. Haven't picked it up yet. Think I'll make them wait, snow won't be gone for about 3 months.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts