Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, curiosity is killing me -

For those who know or care.... what kind of gas mileage are you getting on which bike?

Thought it would be interesting to see where the size of the cruiser effects the gas mileage the most

I need to 'officially' check mine but my 1500 seems to be getting some where in the low 30's :?

WB

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Mostly I get about 37 to 42 on my '04 1500 Classic.

Yesterday, I made 148 miles on 3 gallons, but that was special. I went to the top of Mount Baker and though the ride was up, it was slow and the coast back down I'm sure helped in the mileage. I won't include that in my calculations.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Meanstreak 1600-- getting 44mpg exactly when cruising around town and some interstate. Can get as low as 30mpg when really having fun. My average mpg from florida to utah was 42mpg, but I ran between 85-95mph for more than 3/4 of the trip.

·
Registered
22 Posts
VN800A

Depends on type of riding. But generallly in the 40s.

Just changed the front sprocket to lower rpms at highway speeds. I'm curious if it will change my mileage but I haven't run any real long lengths of high speeds since changing it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
stock 800 Drifter fuel inj.,living in Mexico where the gas is less thatn great. I run 11 miles to the liter around town and daily trips. I've done 13 mpl on trips wherte I am in the upper regions and mountains. I think the cooler air is better for the engine than where I live with a mean temp of 87 degree.

·
Registered
137 Posts
O.K., here it is..... I finally took a serious look at gas mileage this weekend. Took a Sat/Sun trip down along the Mississippi to Prarie du Chein (nice country there, eh Freedom?). Crossed to Iowa and followed the river into Southern Minnisota. Crossed back to Wisconsin and got home at 10:00 P.M. Sunday. Rolled up 723.3 miles, used 16.285 gal of go juice. That comes in at 44.42 MPG with loaded saddle bags and small pack on 2003 Nomad. Quite a lot of hill country, some very steep. Some miles on 4 lane, but not many. Got about 2350 miles on the bike (new in very late may) and starting to feel VERY comfortable with it.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
'03 Vulcan 1600 - stock except accessories

Around 38 when I've been pushing it and in town alot - and around 42 overall. Just cruising I've gotten 44. That's all on 92 octane gas.

(and yes, Wing, that's great county to be riding throught and it wasn't raining that day - at least near Madison)

·
Registered
115 Posts
39-41 mpg- '03 1600. I ride it kind of easy-

·
Registered
116 Posts
04 1600 Classic
37-41 MPG on 93 Octane
Just Puttin Around, no big trips yet.
Waiting for the leaves to change on Skyline Pkwy, VA. :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts