Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
easy answer, dont.
(if you need to ask you dont wanna be doing it)
Learn either on someone elses bike or on one which you dont care about.

If you look back the topic of wheelys has been covered before, the theory is the same for all motorbikes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
new bikes are usually geared so people who dont know how to wheelie dont accidentally do it. If you have to ask its a bad idea for someone to tell you. I had a friend with a brand new 954 with under 1000miles on it. he thought it would be cool to see how fast he could launch the bike. He luanched it alright. totaled his brand new bike. Best thing you can do is learn your bike. learn its power curve how hard it shifts. etc. once you know how everything works the wheelies will come.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm still in the learning curve in this bike. My old bike was a Katana 750 witch going to a 636 there is already a HUGE difference. I am simply asking about this topic because I have heard that you can get it up hardly without trying. Maybe the 600's are a bit more tame than the 1,000 cc bikes. I already know how to wheelie using the clutch but thats not my question here. I am mostly just wondering if you can get the 636 up stock without any clutch work. What I am thinking is that the answer is NO. To me the 636 does not have the power to go up on its own without clutch work.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh yes, the 636 will wheelie without the clutch. Just mash the rear pegs, hit the throttle, yank the bars. It'll come up at about 10-15 in first. so get going about 10-15mph, mash the pegs, hit the throttle, yank the clip-ons, and stand up if you like :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
the key to getting it up using only power is to find where the torque hits hard. get going in first until about 6k or so then let off and then back on quick, this transfers your weight forward to preload the forks then uses that to help her along. 6k is a general area where the torque comes in. it may be a bit different on your bike. I rode an 04 r1 saturday that was regeared and i had to becareful not to wheelie, totally different world with a liter bike. Regearing helps alot of you want some down low get up and go. if you like doing stand up wheelies then you can preload the forks yourself and pull up while getting on it. shouldnt have any problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 03 zx6rr and i can pull em up in first no problem and i weigh 130. so you get it to like 8500rpms takes a lot of practice so you should no get frustrated. you get it there and give the throttle a little yank to pull back on it then twist the throtle all the way closed. the rip it back, push down on pegs as hard as you can and rock back. DO NOT PULL WITH YOUR ARMS. all this does is make your arms and shoulders very soar. does nothing. pull back rock your body. it will come up and it's all balance from there. just remember when you hit the throtle after shutting it. grab it good and hit it wide open. but be careful not to rip the throtle so hard with your weight that it throws off your balance. you are welcome.

-trent

·
Registered
23 Posts
A wheelie is really about body position, I mean you can pull all you want, but it won't go, but its as you pull you automatically change body position, putting the center of gravity of the bike HIGH thus makeing the balance point LOWER. lemme put it too you like this, If i can get a BMX bike (.23 HP) to wheelie, you can wheelie the 500R. Cough* CLUTCH IT!! *Cough

be carfeul, a 500R can flip, keep the RPMS low to start and find your place with time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts