Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy is havin torble with his yamaha 650 2007-clutch doesnt want to engage in am when cold unless he pushes the cltch lever out. staeler tells him its the amsoil synthetic he's using and he has to switch to yama lube. also tells him he may have to replace clutch at 4800 miles. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
I call BS on the stealership. Why do they try to do things like that? Do they think we are all idiots?

·
Super Moderator
10,907 Posts
I had this many years ago with a '66 VW Beetle. The cable lube thickened too much in the winter. Ended up taking the cable off, flushing it out with paint thinner and re-lubing it with thinner grease.

Hope your friend's problem turns out to be as simple.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
One easy test to see if it's the cable or something in the clutch mechanism that's sticking is to disconnect the cable from the arm, and see which one doesn't have freedom of movement.

My money's on the cable. Flush it and re-lube it, or just replace it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
One easy test to see if it's the cable or something in the clutch mechanism that's sticking is to disconnect the cable from the arm, and see which one doesn't have freedom of movement.

My money's on the cable. Flush it and re-lube it, or just replace it.
great idea

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
If the cable won't allow the clutch to properly engage, it very well may cause the clutch to wear out early. Whats wrong with using what the maker suggest? Is it cause it's their lube? It should be easy enough to check, to see where the problem is.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds like a clutch cable to me. Disconnect it and try the clutch arm as suggested above. Have had the cable fray inside the housing and make it difficult to engage and disengage. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts