Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about a week, i am picking up a kawasaki kz 440 ltd 1981. There seems to be nothing wrong with this bike. Like my first KZ I know nothing about this bike. During my rebuild you were all an amazing help and I thank every one of you. For anyone that remembers I have a 1983 kz 750 spectre that I have been working on for a few months. ITS ALIVE! And it Screams. Even tho it does not seem that this bike needs any work. Any information you feel like sharing. Even just some good stories id love to hear.

Thanx again
Bmarc

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you M folks. I believe you helped alot when I was working on the spectre. It was greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Be VERY careful with the vacuum diaphragms as they cost maybe $200 EACH!
Do not even THINK about removing the airbox to use pod filters.
You might want to increase the main jets to #70 as they are way too lean from the factory.
If it has the original headlight (or headDARK), replace it with a halogen one from www.candlepowerinc.com part #802212. This is the ONLY one that will fit the odd sized bucket on these bikes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe the head light replacement has been done. Good to know about the Diaphragm rubbers. This bike seems in really good shape. Like on my spectre I am not a fan of the handle bars. Standard KZ 750 bars fit on the spectre. "thank you forum" If anyone has any suggestions??? Id prefer them to not be quite so back set and look like there should be a basket on the front. On the 750 I had a hell of a time trying to hide all the cables and that volt meter makes me laugh every time. Mfolks I break everything. I would be happy to create an electrical problem for you to solve. As for pictures.... As soon as I get back from this training op in Maine I will post pics of the spectre rebuild and the 440 will be shortly behind.

i.e. Never trust Kawasaki. I was promised the manual they ordered for the spectre would cover shaft drive. The N model is not covered in the KZ manual. And the clutch basket has quited down but still knocks after two oil changes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts