Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
You might try getting a clymer or haynes manual for your bike, it would make it a whole lot easier to find diagrams for something like that.

have you tried carb cleaner that you put in your gas?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a '93, so I don't know how much of a difference there is. To get to mine all I had to do is:

1) Remove the gas tank
2) Remove the air box

From that point, the carbs are just held on by hose clamps. I took mine all the way off, so I could get at the bottom bowls to clean them out.

Good luck

·
Registered
302 Posts
The best way I know of is to get rid of the air box, and get four individual air filters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
carb cleaning

if you decide to go with the ind. air filters you will have to jet your carbs up
k and n makes a kit for this. it made a big diffence in my 600 r ninja

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
CARBS

some people just don't believe in the cheaper gas with the Ethanol in it. You get some really wierd comments and arguments. Alcohol will run great (white lightning), gives you more power (like Alcohol Dragsters) but requires larger jets. With the 10% that is available at the pump I'd say change the fuel filter and tun the Ethanol gas.
IF you can get to the screws at the bottom of the bowls, you can use carb cleaner through the backdoor...the Ethanol will do the rest of the work. I just wouldn't do any prolonged cross country Wide Open Throttle runs with out checking the spark plugs...it might run a little lean at WOT. :shock:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I also have an '87 750, can't tell you about the air box mines been gone for along time for the K&N's. But taking the carbs off is easy and about the only way to clean them good. they are real simple to clean just take your time and be careful with the screws that hold the bowls on, they are soft aluminum and easy to strip, use a good fitting phillips.
Here's a picture of my dinasour.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree 100% with Whitey.... I have a 600r that sat for some time and I tried everything that pep-boys said would clean the carbs out..... wasted time, money and pride. Pull em off, and Freakinout also hit it on... grab a manual....I swear next to Freak,,,it is your best friend........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts