Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or maybe just comfortable? The other day I scraped my floorboard for the first time. Not on purpose, kinda startled me. Just thought it was kinda funny, never pictured myself as a knee dragger. :redface:

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Time to wear away them chicken strips? Yeah, that typically indicates you're becoming more comfortable. Is that your first bike?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, second, but only been riding a little over a year. To be honest, I was afraid if I ever got that low my engine guard might hit first, they're close, but it didn't.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I Know the feeling.. I scraped mine for the first time this summer. Like you not something I was looking to do but did.

·
Guilty By Association
650 Posts
I have laid my bottom pipe on the road....wanna talk about spooked??

·
08 Vulcan 900
98 Posts
Yeah the first time i hit the foot pegs on the ground and it pushed my foot up I was like "WHOO" lol now all the time :)

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Sounds like you're right on track. It was around the end of my first riding season ( aka the end of summer 2008 ) that I started scraping pegs, and sometimes the lower pipe like Redneckryder mentioned. There was definitely a point where one day I hopped on the bike and took off for a ride and realized that I just felt completely relaxed and fluid on the bike. I was no longer really thinking/focusing on riding the bike.. it was just like the bike was an extension of my body. My conscious mind was no longer concerned with lean angle, trying to find the correct line through corners, etc. It had at that point become all become muscle memory and thoughtless maneuvering. Its much like learning to tow a boat or trailer. At first you're very focused on keeping the trailer within the lines on the roadway, turning corners without clipping the curb, etc. At first you focus on it a lot, but after you get used to it, it becomes second nature.

Its great when you get to that point on the bike, because then instead of some of your focus being placed on riding the bike, it can mostly be focused on watching out for the crazy folks in cars trying to kill you. :lol:

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
I have laid my bottom pipe on the road....wanna talk about spooked??
Yepper! Both pipes I've had on my scoot have had some rash on the underside. First time I did the pegs, it caught me off guard. First time I hit hard parts, I just about crapped myself!

·
Bobber Builder
627 Posts
I hit them all the time on purpose to startle the people behind me with the sparks.

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
It's funny, when I scape the pegs on the Ninja, it's no big deal. But on the Meanie, it startles me a little every time!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Bunch of squids..........:p ;)

I remember dragging my heel on the Mean Streak for the first time...then got used to using it as a "guide". Then I remember dragging the floorboard on the V2K the first time....scared the squiffle out of me. Then I got used to it.

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Wish I was a noob. Would be easier to explain some of the bonehead moves over the last 25 years... :eek: :lol:

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Wish I was a noob. Would be easier to explain some of the bonehead moves over the last 25 years... :eek: :lol:
I like your humility Jaseman...ride on!

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
always drag my boards on the v2k, esp left side

1 - 20 of 42 Posts