Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to dislike winter - now, since I bought my first bike last summer...I HATE winter. I noticed one thing that helps get me through spring fever and that is buying stuff for my bike. Just bought new tires, chain and sprockets, stebel air horn, and cobra hiway bar (pegs are next). Spring is still a ways away, if I wouldn't get in trouble with the wifey, I could spend a whole lot more $!

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
I'm not a fan of winter either. I find that reading bike mags and buying stuff for the bike makes this season less miserable. Only 107 more sleeps till it's ride time. I'm starting to depress myself, I gotta go read a bike mag.

·
Drink Plenty of Water
784 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, where do you live? What do the temps get to there?

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
I hear everyone. I have spent way too much money to help fight off the winter blues. Oh well...... It'll make the spring that much better!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
A trip to Mexico or some other location always helps pass the winter. I'm leaving next Friday for 2 weeks and really looking foward to it. Wish I could take my bike, but then when I think about the way they drive in Mexico maybe not. Probably wouldn't survive a day on those roads.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I must admit that I am a wuss when it comes to cold weather. The older I get, the warmer I like it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
What I dislike about winter are those foul four letter words like SNOW, COLD, WIND, SALT, ZERO TEMP. :shock:

The ten day does not look good here normal mid winter yuck but I got out two days riding 90mi in Jan :) and hope for a couple outings in Feb.

I got an e-mail the brown truck should be here Monday. :) More goodies for Carri. 8)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I used to dislike winter - now, since I bought my first bike last summer...I HATE winter. I noticed one thing that helps get me through spring fever and that is buying stuff for my bike. Just bought new tires, chain and sprockets, stebel air horn, and cobra hiway bar (pegs are next). Spring is still a ways away, if I wouldn't get in trouble with the wifey, I could spend a whole lot more $!
Retail therapy...lol

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
We're expected to be in single digits and below 0 with wind... i hate winter. Love retail therapy though!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was thinking of firing up the custom today and putting on a few hundred miles, but my rear tire is getting thin. And it's low on gas. Ohh, I almost forgot, I sent the seat in to MeanCityCycles so no seat. Dang it, I really was gonna go for a ride, but alas, I can't. Just because it was -19 degrees F this morning doesn't mean anything. It has moved all the way up to -6 degrees now (1 pm). It's almost balmy.

tomslusher

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Last ride i had this year was on Christmas Day!! Weather has gone downhill ever since!! Was in Florida last week and the weather there was beautiful!! High 70's and low 80's and didn't see hardly any bikes out! Talked to a Kawi dealer in Tanpa and he said this is their OFF SEASON.........I'll take the off season any day........

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
What I dislike about winter are those foul four letter words like SNOW, COLD, WIND, SALT, ZERO TEMP. :shock:

The ten day does not look good here normal mid winter yuck but I got out two days riding 90mi in Jan :) and hope for a couple outings in Feb.

I got an e-mail the brown truck should be here Monday. :) More goodies for Carri. 8)
I do love winter, since you never really sweat while wearing your gear. :mrgreen: As mentioned, I just don't like Snow and Road salt. I usually wait for a nice rain after a nice snow storm to wash away all the salt. As for temps in the winter, I will ride it as far as my threshold that is in the single digits.

A couple more months and then most of the fun will begin. 8)

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, where do you live? What do the temps get to there?
I'm in Iowa. When I got up this morning it was 9 below zero! Two weeks ago today it was in the 50s, unfortunately we had received so much snow that my driveway was a muddy mess, so there was no riding then either. GGGGRRRRRRRRR. Yeah I hate winter!

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
It warmed up a little here in Utah today.:biggrin: Maybe 40. I wasn't planning on going out until I saw someone else out on their cruiser. I figured If they could do it than I could. The roads were all dry and clear. The cutters had snow so I had to be careful. I only road for about 25 min. before my hands were done but I'm glad to be able to ride at all. It will probably be a few weeks until I get to do it again.:frown:

·
Registered
157 Posts
all winter time means is 4 wheeler season,spring and fall are for motorcycle and summertime for jet skiing,sports for all seasons!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
-2F in chicago. About 100 yards of icy road right out of garage. I just close my eyes and pretend that I am on my bike going some place nice and warm. It really works time to time...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts