1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. freeway, fishtail, wreck, and all that. important things are:
1. Scotty's going to heal.
2. Ghosty's been totalled.

the settlement will pay for the bike's bluebook price plus all the custom work. it will not pay for a new replacement bike with its requisite custom work. however, it may pay for a used truck.

right now, i'm going to put the helmet into a cabinet for a while. i'm going to really miss that bike. i'll get another, but it will be maybe a couple years before i find the perfect one.

Rest in Peace Ghosty.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
**** sorry to hear, glad your alright... details details

·
AZs #1 TOURIST ATTRACTION
15,308 Posts
Sorry to hear it Scotty, that kinda sucks!! R.I.P. Ghosty

·
Long live the V2K!
593 Posts
The important thing is that you're still around to post about it. The bike can be replaced. Get on the mend and figure out what to do later. Hope all goes well in your recovery!

·
Spurs and Throttle...
658 Posts
I sure am glad you are ok. I just wonder if I wouldn't step back and rethink this whole motorcycle riding business, if I were you!:)
Please, give us all the details and pics if you have any.
Be careful

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Again?!?! didn't you just get her back from a wreck? If I had as many bike wrecks as you I'd be giving it up too. Glad you're ok you're one lucky SOB

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry guys, no wreck pics this time. just couldn't do it.

i was riding in the leftmost freeway lane, a personal favorite, since the shoulder is right there. "always keep an exit strategy". heavy traffic, so i coasted down to about 40 mph. in the next lane over, a PT Cruiser skidded to a halt over the line, towards me. i looked over to make sure i wasn't going to be side-swiped, and when i looked forward again, the line was stopping in front of me. i still had about 30 feet to stop, so i eased onto the rear brake and started downshifting. the tire didn't grab, and i fishtailed for about 20 feet. the car before me in line was a green SUV, a chevy Trailblazer. i tried to aim the bike around it, into the shoulder to the left, but with the fishtailing, i didn't make it all the way.

the suv stopped my bike cold. i took out its left taillight and bumper. it took out my headlight, speedo, tach, windshield, crimped my crashbar against the engine, punched a dent in the tank, scraped it in two more places, and destroyed both brakes and the throtttle cable. the lousy tires are still intact.

i was wearing my helmet and full leathers. it was supposed to rain all day, but didn't, all day. there was no blood, no helmet damage. the bike stopped, and i was thrown onto the concrete guard. elbow is swolen and doesn't bend. already went to the doc, 4 X-rays and no idea. ice, Lortab, and a sling.

ok. i didn't post the story because i didn't know the whole story about the bike. but it's been deemed a total loss, and it will be sold for parts in San Antonio. gonna be hauled off next week. i turned in my key and took the check. better to have a clean break, right?

i already believe in angels, but honestly, i think mine cheats. not bound by the rules of "right and wrong", you know...a renegade angel is the kind to have protecting you, i'd say. you ever wonder if you are being kept alive for some darker reason...?

you know, i had installed those Kury Stilletto grip tips on the bars, and when the impact happened, that's what punched a 1/4 inch dent into my tank. that could have been my stomach or my balls. i think i was lucky on more counts than previously believed.

if you have those sharp tips on your bike, think twice, ok?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
by the way. i'm not giving it up... i'm just taking a break until i get more financially settled. i've learned lately that the bike is intended to be a secondary vehicle, not an only vehicle. right now, i'm shopping for a truck, and later, i'll be shopping for another bike. after i get a better job and married.

i'm not quitting the forum. this is no reason to leave your friends behind.

·
Long live the V2K!
593 Posts
"if you have those sharp tips on your bike, think twice, ok?"

Oh crap, I do have them installed on mine! Maybe I'll replace them with those helmet lock thingies!

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you are relatively OK. You are very lucky. Lucky is the operative word.

·
Stale Milk Sniffer
92 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike but glad you're okay. What happened to your exit strategy?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts