Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have a FI fuel system bike and down the road I want to change the air filter setup to a more performance type, do I have to do anything to the computor, etc. ? :confused:
I have no desire at this time to change the exhaust, AT ALL !!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Intake only or pipes only and the system can adapt. Without changing both ends, you are not impacting the air flow through the system significantly.

Do all 3... intake, pipes, and an EFI tuner, and you'll add about 10hp and unleash the beast within.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Unless the exhaust is able to vent, then a wide open intake won't help power or require more fuel.

I ran my stock pipes with the Caddmann intake for most of the summer.... 120 degree heat with crappy California fuel and with the Cobra FI module removed and not a hint of pinging.

The stock Nomad intake is quite restrictive, but so is the exhaust. Without pipes, an intake on the Nomad would be purely cosmetic.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Yep. You have the opportunity to bump your 1600 Nomad up to a heart stopping 68 hp.
It's nearly a 20% increase.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hp

Ran the beast over a dyno in New Liskeard this spring,97 classic with 80,000 kms on her. The guy running the dyne did it over and over again as he did ot believe the nmbers. 72 hp and 89 ft/lbs of touque,for a top dyno speed of 225 kph rear wheel speed. Not many can keep up:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts