Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to have the whole day to drive around Dallas Fort Worth area the other day and so I went to a bunch of different bike dealers. Something I found interesting is when I went into a Honda dealer and the sales manager was trying to sell me a bike because I was the only person in the store. I told him I really want something new like maybe a Raider or Victory and was just looking around.

He replied wait until next year Honda will be releasing a bunch of new bikes in 2009. I found that interesting I wonder if he was just blowing smoke or is there gonna be some cool new Honda's coming out next year?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
New Bikes

That is for sure a typical 'sales talk' by a salesman. I don't see anything wrong with that. As expected, every manufacturer should have new bikes to showcase every year. We should keep the economy healthy. ;)

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Honda is probably waiting to see how the Raider type(custom/chopper) sells before jumping in with a new line.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Honda has it's history. The Goldwing set a new standard in highway cruiser. Valyrie became an instant classic with a cult following (imho it should be). The Rune may have started the factury custom in metrics and the VTX has never ben short changed in the option department. Something new for Honda in 09? Yes, I believe.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Of course they will... but it could be anything from all new paint to a vtx based chopper to a whole new bike. The key was that he didn't have what you wanted in the store, so he will say what is needed to keep you from buying somewhere else on the hope that he will have what you want next year.

Telling you that Honda will have new bikes next year without giving specifics is like predicting that it will snow this winter (somewhere).

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
There will always be something new coming just around the bend. I'd rather ride now (well, in the spring) than wait until the next best thing rolls off the line in a year.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
The new Metallic Pea and Sea Breeze blue two tone Meenie. You gotta man up to ride something them colors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts