Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I click on a topic but get directed to a different topic. weird.
The most recent case is a recent "Fuel petcock" topic in the Vintage Forum section ---- clicking it opens a topic from 2007 having the same title. doh.

Otherwise, the website change is good. :)

·
Community Manager/Admin
37 Posts
I click on a topic but get directed to a different topic. weird.
The most recent case is a recent "Fuel petcock" topic in the Vintage Forum section ---- clicking it opens a topic from 2007 having the same title. doh.

Otherwise, the website change is good. :)
Yeah we have been seeing some issues with threads. Some updates where made and they should be working on them now. Hope to have it resolved within 24 hours.

Let us know if you have any other issues and save links, screenshots, etc..

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This doesn't always work, but try clicking Home in the upper left, then see if the topic is in the list of Most Popular Discussions on the left hand side, then click it to see if it works. I was able to get to one topic that way, but it didn't work on another one. doh.

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts
Yeah we have been seeing some issues with threads. Some updates where made and they should be working on them now. Hope to have it resolved within 24 hours.

Thanks,
Jeff
There's currently one in the main lobby. It's titled "1979 KZ1000". If you click the title it takes you to a thread from 2010. If you click the chevron thing next to the title it takes you to the new post.

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts

Thanks,
Jeff
There's another in the Mechanic's Corner titled "Meanstreak Plate relocator". It brings up a thread from 2008.

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts

Thanks,
Jeff
Another one in the cruisers section titled " Vulcan S aftermarket windshield

·
Community Manager/Admin
37 Posts
Yep the DB is hosed. Not sure why one thread redirects to another. I am trying to open a certain thread but keep getting directed to a topic that is 5 years old and not the correct one.
This doesn't always work, but try clicking Home in the upper left, then see if the topic is in the list of Most Popular Discussions on the left hand side, then click it to see if it works. I was able to get to one topic that way, but it didn't work on another one. doh.

There's currently one in the main lobby. It's titled "1979 KZ1000". If you click the title it takes you to a thread from 2010. If you click the chevron thing next to the title it takes you to the new post.
There's another in the Mechanic's Corner titled "Meanstreak Plate relocator". It brings up a thread from 2008.
Another one in the cruisers section titled " Vulcan S aftermarket windshield
Thanks guys,

Noted and will follow up with progress on this today.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts

Thanks,
Jeff
Another in the cruiser section Mystery Fluid

Another in the cruiser section Vulcan 1600

·
Queasy Rider
2,072 Posts
'tried to open an old post of mine about installing cartridge emulators. I found the post in the list that came up in my search but the post wouldn't open. 'just a blank page. The post was originally titled something like - Installing cartridge emulators (there's pics) That my not be verbatim. This is the link to the post that won't open.
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-182145.html

·
Queasy Rider
2,072 Posts
In my opinion the site is really pooched. It's not fun at all. I'd like to go back to the old site until this one is rebuilt and tested.

·
Registered
733 Posts
'tried to open an old post of mine about installing cartridge emulators. I found the post in the list that came up in my search but the post wouldn't open. 'just a blank page. The post was originally titled something like - Installing cartridge emulators (there's pics) That my not be verbatim. This is the link to the post that won't open.
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-182145.html

I hope that one is not gone, good info there.

I am not a heavy user of this site, but if this goes on much longer I might have to abandon it. I have been trying to get into a particular thread for a few days now.

F11 250 Spark plug redirects to this http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-motocross-offroad/85530-01-kx250-spark-plugs.html

·
Queasy Rider
2,072 Posts
Thanks Junkman.

I think that the troubles with the new format are so overwhelming that the old format should be brought back, if it hasn't been lost, until the new format can be re-worked and thoroughly tested before being re-introduced. It just boggles the mind that the webmasters and administrators did not notice that the new format is riddled with problems. The glitches are just so all pervasive it's a nightmare.

Please bring back the old format.

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts