Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts
That link works fine but I can't get that link on my own. When I do a site search for 'cartridge emulators' I get to a list of posts. When I click on the post that I want, "Installing cartridge emulators (there's pics)" the post won't open. This is the url that clicking on the post sends me to.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-182145.html
That link doesn't open for me either. But I did a search too:

advanced search->type installing+cartridge in box->select titles only. I get exactly one result: the thread you're looking for, with pics.

Are you doing your search this way? The Plus sign makes a big difference as does searching for in titles only rather than posts. The way you typed the text the search will look for either "cartridge' or 'emulators' in no particular order, and in only the posts or titles as selected. By using advanced search you can also search for posts/titles by you only. That helps me tremendously.

·
Administrator
271 Posts
That link works fine but I can't get that link on my own. When I do a site search for 'cartridge emulators' I get to a list of posts. When I click on the post that I want, "Installing cartridge emulators (there's pics)" the post won't open. This is the url that clicking on the post sends me to.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-182145.html
Hi,

Try clearing out your cache and try the search again. When you do search, make sure that you are searching for threads. If you look at the link that you posted, you are trying to pull up a thread that is in the archives so it will pull up a blank page. The correct link is:

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/vintage-motorcyle-info/153797-installing-cartridge-emulators-forks-theres-pics.html

Cheers,
Sheena

·
Queasy Rider
2,063 Posts
The site is working much better.

I can't find an "edit" button on my posts though. Down in the bottom left it says that I may edit my posts but for the life of me I can't find the button that actually opens my post for editing.

edit: Ironically, this post has an edit function.

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts

·
Queasy Rider
2,063 Posts
There seams to be a glitchy thread in the vintage info section. When I click on the topic about a new KZ1100 I get directed to an old thread in another section of the forum.

The site has been working much better lately in general.

·
Queasy Rider
2,063 Posts
There seams to be a glitchy thread in the vintage info section. When I click on the topic about a new KZ1100 I get directed to an old thread in another section of the forum.

The site has been working much better lately in general.
It's still glitchy. The post is by a first time poster and he's probably wondering why he doesn't have any responses.

·
Administrator
271 Posts
search on kawasaki.jpg

Are you using this?

What browser and which layout are you on?

I don't know how you're continuously getting the same result, but it might have to do with your computer/device.

Lee, community support

·
Registered
733 Posts
View attachment 24425

Are you using this?

I don't know how you're continuously getting the same result, but it might have to do with your computer/device.

Lee, community support
I click on a topic and it takes you to a totally different topic. I never use search in any forum because they all suck.

But you are right it is probably my device.

Click on this and tell me where it takes you. This is just one example other topics do this as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts
I click on a topic and it takes you to a totally different topic. I never use search in any forum because they all suck.

But you are right it is probably my device.

Click on this and tell me where it takes you. This is just one example other topics do this as well.
The link provided is not a link, it's a picture. He means the "New KZ1100 owner" thread in the vintage section. Yep, it redirects to a 2005 thread. Looks like the glitchy problem isn't completely eradicated.

·
Queasy Rider
2,063 Posts
View attachment 24425

Are you using this?

Lee, community support
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very computer savvy. I know I'm running Windows 7 and my browser is Firefox. I have also cleared out my cache.

If you read the posts in the vintage information section of the forum, you will see that I am not the only one having problems so trying to blame me and admitting you "don't know" speaks for itself.

·
Community Manager/Admin
37 Posts
The link provided is not a link, it's a picture. He means the "New KZ1100 owner" thread in the vintage section. Yep, it redirects to a 2005 thread. Looks like the glitchy problem isn't completely eradicated.
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very computer savvy. I know I'm running Windows 7 and my browser is Firefox. I have also cleared out my cache.

If you read the posts in the vintage information section of the forum, you will see that I am not the only one having problems so trying to blame me and admitting you "don't know" speaks for itself.
I can't provide the link because it goes to the wrong thread. I am running Win10 and Android happens on both no matter what browser I use. Yep its my fault though.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/main-lobby/13156-new-kz1100-owner.html
Thanks for the info guys, re opening the ticket related to this some last month.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, re opening the ticket related to this some last month.

Jeff
I hope that ticket is still open :cry:. There's more and more 'glitchy threads' popping up. Main Lobby/Long Ride brings up a thread from 2008. Moderator Forum/spammers brings up a thread from 2013.

·
Administrator
271 Posts
When you try and comment, does it take you back to the register screen? Does is happen in ever section you try to comment in?

What browser and device are you using?

Thanks,
Marie

·
Registered
643 Posts
When you try and comment, does it take you back to the register screen? Does is happen in ever section you try to comment in?

What browser and device are you using?

Thanks,
Marie
It does sometimes take me to a register screen and I have not noticed it favoring one section over another. Firefox

21 - 40 of 42 Posts