Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this is a cold winter for riding and I live in SoCal. How in the world do you guys(gals)in the midwest and northeast do it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd think but its raining and suppose to rain all week with highs in the mid 50s and the mornings its in the low 40s. Driving wet in the low 40s is cold, for SoCal thats too cold! How's NC?

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
I can't speak for everyone, but I love it! Yeah, there are days like this last weekend that do a great job of reminding you you're still alive (-45 windchill, -12 actual), but most of the time we're in the teens/twenties during the Winter. Lots of fun things to do in the snow! Ever been snow-tubing? It's a blast! Flying down a hill on an inflated piece of rubber at insane speeds! It does a good job of discrediting any silly notions of "growing-up". It's like motorcycling...with a little less control. :)

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
I rode last week, it was 45 degrees one day. This week sucks, but we'll survive. I used to live in Phoenix and I'll tell you what, we don't have as long a riding season here in the midwest, but when we are in season, its the best!..mike

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Rode nearly 440 miles with my wife on the back last Saturday doing a pre-ride for my club.
Got away from home later than planned... watched a beautiful sunset over the desert on the way home....

...then it dropped to 35 degrees for the last 150 miles home.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You'd think but its raining and suppose to rain all week with highs in the mid 50s and the mornings its in the low 40s. Driving wet in the low 40s is cold, for SoCal thats too cold! How's NC?
Rainy and cold in the mountains this afternoon. High was 41. Had some slick spots on the way to work this morning when it was 31 and raining.:frown: It is suppose to be 61 on Sunday. So hopefully I will get to take the bike out then:smile:

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
Cold, snow, just what is it that we're supposed to be doing?
International bike show is in town this weekend and I got a free ticket from Value-Accessories Closest thing I'll get to riding for a while.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Man this is a cold winter for riding and I live in SoCal. How in the world do you guys(gals)in the midwest and northeast do it?
Layers, lots o layers. Long jons under the sweatpants under the jeans under the chaps! They got these heat packets now too that I've heard work really well. Open them up, rub em together for a min and they stay warm for 8-12 hrs. :)

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I didn't know it was that cold anywhere in the U.S.?
You've never felt my wife's feet at 3am after she's been up for a few minutes walking on a cold floor :tongue:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
So, who else is for buying 5 bucks of gas, pouring it out on the street and setting it on fire?

Global Warming? I fully endorse and encourage it! IF ONLY we could do something to affect it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Call me a whimp but I can layer up and my hands still freeze, gloves liners, heat packs..... Still cold hands!

I havent rode in 3 days and it sucks, on the other hand when it's 112 it aint to fun to ride either...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts