Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with it getting cooler, I find that TiMax gloves have their limit for cold weather, obviously. But I don't want to give up the protection of these gloves, nor get different ones. Is there a way to add a layer to your hands for warmth without making it bulky? I thought someone here mentioned satin glove liners, but I'm not sure. Someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I tried silk last winter, but it didn't seem to help. Wish I could give you some more ideas.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi, I bought a pair of silk liners from cabelas and they seem to work to a point but after that, your hands get cold.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I've had dual-star heated things under the grips, they were nice. I only really used them on short trips when it was really cold ~20F, but if its under 50F they are still pretty handy on 'low'

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Under Armour now has Cold Gear gloves. They're available for about $20 at any major sporting good store, and I'd wager to say they're the best thing since sliced bread. They're black and silky, so your leather/other gloves slip over them nicely; the back of the hand is the cold gear (windproof/insulating) while the palm is the heat gear (so it'll keep your palms from getting sweaty) and the cuff is thin/not bulky, so it won't add bulk under the closure of the glove or your jacket sleeve.

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
neebelung said:
Under Armour now has Cold Gear gloves. They're available for about $20 at any major sporting good store, and I'd wager to say they're the best thing since sliced bread. They're black and silky, so your leather/other gloves slip over them nicely; the back of the hand is the cold gear (windproof/insulating) while the palm is the heat gear (so it'll keep your palms from getting sweaty) and the cuff is thin/not bulky, so it won't add bulk under the closure of the glove or your jacket sleeve.
Now that's something I'll have to check out. I've eyed Under Armour's collection from the U.S. Calvary catalog quite a bit, and they have good products. Again, the police and military get all the good stuff...

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
D-Day said:
Now that's something I'll have to check out. I've eyed Under Armour's collection from the U.S. Calvary catalog quite a bit, and they have good products. Again, the police and military get all the good stuff...
Strangely, they're not even IN the 2006 UA catalogue (which we just got in the mail yesterday).... *shrug*

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
joshshorty12 said:
hey dont be dissin my ebay. I have made mad $$$$$$ there!!!
Ebay itself rocks. What sucks are sellers who try to rape you on shipping. Any honest seller will simply opt for the "calculate your shipping" feature, so there's no question as to whether they're "padding" those costs or not.

·
Registered
75 Posts
well i agree and disagree. It is almost a known fact on ebay that the seller will add more to the shipping cost because he adds in some of his ebay fees. But also another real bad thing about ebay is the fraudelent buyers and sellers. Ebay really doesnt do anything to those people, maybe just a slap on the wrist. They need to crack down on those @$$holes

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
joshshorty12 said:
well i agree and disagree. It is almost a known fact on ebay that the seller will add more to the shipping cost because he adds in some of his ebay fees. But also another real bad thing about ebay is the fraudelent buyers and sellers. Ebay really doesnt do anything to those people, maybe just a slap on the wrist. They need to crack down on those @$$holes
I've done MORE than my fair share of buying and selling on Ebay, so I know full well how it works. Factoring the fees, etc... into your sell price is one thing (as long as you're realistic about it) but (like in the example posted above -- $8 to ship a pair of gloves? :lol: ) that's just assinine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would go for gloves that have gel-padded palm for grip and protection from impacts or a pair of gloves with a thermal liner to keep my hands warm in winter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts