Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Heck...I found all those so called motorcycle gloves overpriced and uncomfortable. I went down to the sporting goods store and picked up a $10.00 pair of black Mizuno baseball batting gloves and they work great year round!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a pair of leather gauntlet style for cooler weather and a pair of thin leather work gloves from Lowes that I use in summer.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Uh, is the wife gonna read this? I have a variety for seasons and temps.

Deer or Goat skin are the best IMHO.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
4 pairs. One summer, one for in between summer and fall, one for fall and spring and one for winter (bought them last year but haven't used them yet).

·
Patriot Guard Rider
322 Posts
3 pair. Icon pursuit ventilated for the summer, thinsulate lined leather for cool weather, and a pair of heavy leather and synthetic gauntlets for snowmobiling I got as a gift from Cabela's website. They actually work pretty well for a about a twenty minute ride in the 20 degree temps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 pair mesh 80 degrees and up, 1 pair unlined leather gauntlet 60-79 degrees and 3 pairs of "winter" gloves 40-59 degrees. I am thinking of getting a pair of heated gloves for the winter so I can ride year round. None of the winter gloves are good for much more than a 15 min ride at 40 degrees and my commute is 1 hour.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a cheap pair of perforated Olympia gloves with Gel in the palms that I've been wearing the past three summers (20-25,000 miles). I also have an expensive pair of Held gauntlets ($125.00) I've been wearing the past 2 winters that are also excellent in the rain.

·
Hoosier Vet
383 Posts
Have a couple fingerless pairs (hard to get off) 2 summer weight full finger, (the cheap pair makes my hands black), and a winter pair, but the ones I found I like the best are a pair of Simpson Talon nomex racing gloves I used when I drove a mini sprint. Cut the gauntlet part off right behind the velcro strap and they work great. They are red nomex and white leather, look kinda goofy, but waaaaaay comfortable. They don't make your hands hot and sweaty either. That super soft leather even lets me feel the buttons on my MP3 player.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
YINS? Dude I read that and said, this fella is from somehere in central PA or has consumed too much water from the Susquehanna. lol

oops. 4 pair, 1 thin with padded palms (padding is long gone)
1 winter gauntlets but the gauntlets are too small (I was being conservative), 1 - Dress gloves that are a bit big but work great and finally an old pair of wool lined gloves that don't keep my hands warm but man o man they are the best fitting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have two kinds of motorcycle gloves. One pair for winter and the other pair for summer. I am looking to find another pair for mild conditions.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts