Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
True story, I was at my dealership the other day and noticed a brand new 2008 or 2007 900LT totaled in the back lot. It is the red and silver one. Anyways it's totaled forks smashed the works. So I says what the heck happened to that poor 900.

The service tech says to me "Guess how many miles is on that bike"? I shrugged my shoulders and he says "6" My mouth dropped SIX miles? Yup he says this preacher walked in and said "God had given me a message that I should ride a bike and it is Gods calling that he do this." So he buys the 900LT and asks for it to be delivered to his house. So the dealer rides it to his house 5.99 miles away and delivers it.

Later that day God must have told him to go for a ride so he saddles up and promptly dumps the clutch rockets out of his driveway across the street and straight into or should I say through his neighbors garage.

Now he is trying to tell his insurance company that the brakes were faulty.

Maybe God was trying to bring the guy home before he tells to many more lies. I wonder if since a preachers pay is paid by the congregation if he stood up in church and told his congregation God told him to get a bike?

Anyways thought I would share that with you its all true I swear maybe if it's still there next week I'kll see if I can get a picture of it.

P.S. Service tech told me they think he has learned his lesson and hasn't even asked about getting another bike. I guess God changed his mind.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The delusional voice in his head was probably telling him about the MSF course... leave it to a stupid human to misinterpret that.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
God probably meant this kind of bike...

·
Registered
762 Posts
How do you know that God didn't tell him to do it to show him how stupid he was before he did something even more stupid? :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Many years ago I saw something similar. I was at Camrod Corp. (a bike shop in New York) when a guy gets on his brand new bike, zero mile bike. Hits the gas, pops the clutch, goes straigt across the street and into a parked car.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Many years ago I saw something similar. I was at Camrod Corp. (a bike shop in New York) when a guy gets on his brand new bike, zero mile bike. Hits the gas, pops the clutch, goes straigt across the street and into a parked car.
That's the perks of working at a dealership. Stupid hurts, and ruins perfectly good bikes.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I wonder if since a preachers pay is paid by the congregation if he stood up in church and told his congregation God told him to get a bike?
May or may not matter.
Around here, most pastors are on a regular salary. Some have parsonages, so they pay no rent/mortgage, but with property values, that is becoming more and more rare.
It is extremely rare for them to be paid on an "as needed" basis... literally cared for by the church. In those cases, the congregation certainly has the right to know before a major purchase is made, but I doubt it would get past the deacons.
I honestly don't know how it works with priests, but since they've taken a vow of poverty, I would presume (perhaps incorrectly) that they are provided for but perhaps not "paid".

Regular salary? It's his money once the check is in the bank. Same as with anyone else, as long as he's not claiming hardships and asking for more money, the congregation shouldn't have any say in what he buys.

But GOD told him to buy a bike?
Wow.... his Heavenly Dad is pretty cool!

·
Registered
533 Posts
hey, my wife told me to buy mine.... kinda the same dont ya think

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?
He lay awake at night wondering if there really was a dog.
where's the drummer and the rim shot when you need him?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
where's the drummer and the rim shot when you need him?
He's out making a delivery for Domino's :biggrin:

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
May or may not matter.
Around here, most pastors are on a regular salary. Some have parsonages, so they pay no rent/mortgage, but with property values, that is becoming more and more rare.
It is extremely rare for them to be paid on an "as needed" basis... literally cared for by the church. In those cases, the congregation certainly has the right to know before a major purchase is made, but I doubt it would get past the deacons.
I honestly don't know how it works with priests, but since they've taken a vow of poverty, I would presume (perhaps incorrectly) that they are provided for but perhaps not "paid".

Regular salary? It's his money once the check is in the bank. Same as with anyone else, as long as he's not claiming hardships and asking for more money, the congregation shouldn't have any say in what he buys.

But GOD told him to buy a bike?
Wow.... his Heavenly Dad is pretty cool!
Me thinks that he was hallucinating. I think that the next time God speaks, all of us will know, without a doubt.

Most full time preachers are paid a salary and may, or may not, be provided a parsonage as part of their salary. That is becomming less and less the norm, form what I see.

What the preacher does with his salary is his business and is not governed by the deacons. If it is, I would say that you have a disfunctional church.

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Later that day God must have told him to go for a ride so he saddles up and promptly dumps the clutch rockets out of his driveway across the street and straight into or should I say through his neighbors garage.

Now he is trying to tell his insurance company that the brakes were faulty.

Maybe God was trying to bring the guy home before he tells to many more lies.
God probably meant this kind of bike...
Maybe God was just answering the neighbor's prayers for a new garage and the preacher was the vehicle for it......

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What the preacher does with his salary is his business and is not governed by the deacons. If it is, I would say that you have a disfunctional church.
Yep...I've been a full-time Pastor for 2-years now (Part time pastor and full-time wrench before that). I receive a salary just like any other salaried job, all the deductions, etc.

Maybe that preacher should have stuck to a bike like this:

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Is it just me, or does that kind of look like Frank? :shock:

Maybe it's just the beard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts