Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i just joined up...i bought a 99 500r back in september for my first bike ever...i only got to ride it about a month and then the snow came. i want to ride so bad lately i cant wait for summer!! anyone else live where you have to put it up for the winter?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey welcome to the site. You'll find everyone here quite helpfull with any question you have. Good bunch of guys and gals

I myself live in Maine so the winters here are pretty fierce, so I know where your coming from. I'm waiting till the summer to pick up my 2nd bike which will hopefully be a 500R like yours.

Question for you. Whats the bike like? How does it handle and feel? I'd like to get as many opinions from people with 500R's as possible.

Send us some pics if you've got any.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
MaineKawi said:
Hey welcome to the site. You'll find everyone here quite helpfull with any question you have. Good bunch of guys and gals

I myself live in Maine so the winters here are pretty fierce, so I know where your coming from. I'm waiting till the summer to pick up my 2nd bike which will hopefully be a 500R like yours.

Question for you. Whats the bike like? How does it handle and feel? I'd like to get as many opinions from people with 500R's as possible.

Send us some pics if you've got any.
I love my 500R, plenty of power and it will go. I got within an inch or two the other day of scrapping my knee, which would have been bad seeing as I had no knee pucks on. this bike can and will do anything you want it to do. Plenty of aftermarket for it too (exhaust, intake, carbs, clip-ons, rearsets, fairings)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it drives great...it feels mild enough as im not that experienced but when i get on it, it goes. i love it so far and have no complaints as of yet!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ya, the 500 was a great choice for a first bike. It is my first bike and like Freakinout said, it will GO. Like everyone else has said, show us some pics! :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wecome to the forum..I've had to leave mine parked for weeks (at least not months!) but I guess I've become addicted because I'm about to go into D.T.'s not being able to get a little saddle time. I've spent the time washing, polishing, etc.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

dang! you guys are starting to make me feel guilty :lol: i'm still riding nearly every day!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
dang! you guys are starting to make me feel guilty :lol: i'm still riding nearly every day!
I usually get a few hours in every day, at least some days, but today its like 17F outside with 40mph winds, a wee bit nippy if I might say.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts