Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get my first bike. There is a used '02 Ninja 250 for sale locally. It has just ~950 miles, clean title, and all stock. Cosmetically, I'd say it's 8/10 at the very least. Seller is asking $1600 for it. He moved up to a bigger bike a year ago, and this one is collecting dust since then. Sorry no pics. But what do you think this bike is worth? Especially with the new '08 Ninja 250 out very soon, will the older 250s' value decrease dramatically? Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good price, if it were me id try to get it for 1400 and if he says no just say 1500, final offer take it or leave it. And im sure like many people will say, the 250's hold their value and i dont think that the 08 250 will decrease the asking prices of the older 250s by that much if any at all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That is about the go-ing price on the 250s (from what I've seen) but since the mileage is so low I'd say it's a good price..

I got mine for $750...but it has 10k miles, didn't have the front upper/lower fairing, gauges, etc., and it was rattle-canned green, lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yea, im lookin at a green 03 250 in my area for 2100, im probb gonna talk him down to 1600, and if thats a no go, 1800 at the most or i go somewhere else :p. Mainly the only reason i want it is because its green, and if i cant find a green bike now, ill just have to save up for the green 08 250. id want that but it is 3500 plus all the **** fees lol. end up costing me like 4500 plus my mom wants it when im done, and if i bought that there is no way id give it to her even though i promised id give up my 250 to her lol.

·
RideOrDieWarren
652 Posts
Be prepared for it needing a carb clean, valve adjustment, carb sync. At that mileage all that should have been at least checked.

These bikes do not like sitting for extended periods of time. An 02 with 950ish miles sat for a long time.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Be prepared for it needing a carb clean, valve adjustment, carb sync. At that mileage all that should have been at least checked.

These bikes do not like sitting for extended periods of time. An 02 with 950ish miles sat for a long time.
Yep, what he said. You may want to find out from the dealer how much this work would cost and try to get him to take it off the price. Probably about $250 or more.

·
Registered
905 Posts
The carbs are going to need to be cleaned. I'd look up the value at KBB.com and NADAguides.com and offer him south of what retail is. A bike that old with such low miles can be problematic... or another option is that the speedometer cable can get disconnected and no miles registered.

The carbs almost seem to be a given they are gummed up with it sitting since last year. It probably has original tires which I'd want to replace. Honestly a bike that old with so few miles is worse to me than a bike that may have been ridden and taken care of with some regularity. Look it over good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts