Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a local seller looking to sell a '06 V2K for $6500. Stock except for an added V&H exhaust. Less that 1800 miles on the clock.

I've got a 900 Classic today and just need a bit more everything, a bit more engine, a bit more suspension, etc.

Price seems right. Very low miles.

If I go visit the bike, anything I should check out? I'm hoping to take it on a loop around the neighborhood - how should I expect riding differences? I know it's heavier but the 900 is already a large frame, should I expect it to turn or handle much differently?

It's a beast compared to mine.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Not a lot of difference. It will feel heavy getting it off the stand, but once you move it it will be fine.

IF you are not ready to buy it----DO NOT test ride it. The V2K is very hard to resist.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
First off, when Shawn says there is not a lot of difference, keep in mind that he is 6'3" tall and weighs in around 350...and he can bench press the beast:eek:

I went from the 900 to the 2000 a year a half ago after riding nothing but the 900 for two years. The slow speed stuff is the thing to watch with the 2000 as the added weight will get your attention.

I do agree with Shawn that once you're moving, there is not a lot of noticeable difference in handling other than it takes a more forcefull push on the bars to get in a lean.

I also agree with him that if you are not ready to buy, do not take it for a ride :lol:

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
if you do buy it, get a fat highway bar ... it helps you pick it up if you do go over. It is a beast to pick up and make sure youcan lift it right!

·
You bought a WHAT?!!
1,503 Posts
Check for a seatbelt or put velcro on your backside and the seat. ;)

·
Warning V2k Onboard
1,585 Posts
If you do test ride it, you will buy it.

You will notice more of a difference after the test ride when you get back on your 900, it will feel like a toy and you will wonder what is wrong with the throttle.

·
You bought a WHAT?!!
1,503 Posts
That was semi-serious. The bike doesn't sound like it's broken it...if it hasn't been ridden in a while, make sure the fluids are ok and the tires are in good shape. Yes, it's heavier, but you get used to it in a hurry...the first time in a parking lot is a little awkward, but a slow walk is easy enough to do once you have a little practice time.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
duck walk...

or since its so big

goose walk

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off, when Shawn says there is not a lot of difference, keep in mind that he is 6'3" tall and weighs in around 350...and he can bench press the beast:eek:
So am I (6'3", 360) which is pretty much why I'd like a more powerful machine.

Can't bench press it, though. Too flabby. :(

EDIT: Wow - followed the link to Shawn's website - he really can bench press it.:eek:

·
Registered
711 Posts
I also agree with him that if you are not ready to buy, do not take it for a ride :lol:
Since I sat on yours last year.. I have been fighting the urge to go test ride one. There a few on eBay that are decently priced and just keep eyeballing them..lol

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Since I sat on yours last year.. I have been fighting the urge to go test ride one. There a few on eBay that are decently priced and just keep eyeballing them..lol

Curtis- It was my pleasure to let you sit on my bike, looking forward to riding with you again this year as I see you keep adding to yours.:)

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
And I also don't think I've ever read a thread about a disappointed or unhappy V2K owner. We all love them.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ACK!! He may already have a buyer.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts