Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a year and 27,000+ miles since I sold my 1600. The ST is.... fabulous.... great range, power, comfort, convenience and bullet-proof reliability. Anyone with a hankering to get on any of the ST bikes should give it a try. Enjoy the ride!

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Congrats on racking up the miles! I've got a month and a half before I hit 1 year with the ZX-14. At 12000 miles now...hopefully will get to take a nice long trip out to Colorado this summer.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
The traitor returns :)

Seriously, how can you go wrong with a Honda? When the wife is tired of her 9 we've already decided on the 1300.

·
USAF
312 Posts
How have the tires been treating you? That is the biggest thing holding me back from purchasing a sport tourer.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
How have the tires been treating you? That is the biggest thing holding me back from purchasing a sport tourer.
Can't speak for DP, but I'm running Michelin PR2's on the '14...have got over 10,000 miles on them and I still have plenty of tread in the center. 4mm last I checked. The dual compound design is amazing...the stock Bridgestones made me nervous after about a thousand miles as they squared off...these hold their shape and have the softer compound on the outer edges. Whats that about having your cake and eating? :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Deep regularly got 20,000 miles out of stock tires so I imagine he has no problem with the performance tires of his Honda.

Hey Bubba, SpringFling in Eureka Springs hosted by the Plains VROC group is in 2 weeks. You in????

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Yay!! Is it nice to no longer be associated with this cruiser crowd that is all a bunch of posers who are overly infatuated with chrome and bling and pointless mods that add insignificant power rather than being about riding like you said last year in your 'farewell' post..? Glad you're enjoying the ride!

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Deep regularly got 20,000 miles out of stock tires so I imagine he has no problem with the performance tires of his Honda.

Hey Bubba, SpringFling in Eureka Springs hosted by the Plains VROC group is in 2 weeks. You in????
Possibly, but probably not. I may be taking a trip out to Maryland to do some testing on our heat pipes...the dates for that haven't been determined yet. If I'm free, I'm in.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ClassicP..... I Changed my Mich Roadtech Z6's at a little over 17,000. They weren't shot yet but I needed to change before a long trip. I run Avon Storm Ultras now. They are the best handling tire I have ever used. I have about 8K on them and they show no wear. Tire mileage depends a lot on where you live. The roads are pretty smooth out here and pot holes are very rare. If you live where the roads are more abrasive, expect less. I haven't seen any difference in tire miles between the 1600 and the ST. Based on your riding style and where you live, I would expect similar results for both bikes. If you get sucked into super sticky track tires... well, that's a different story.

·
USAF
312 Posts
Rough roads for me would be the problem until the military moves me, again. At that time I am hoping to either pick up a single tourer and keep the cruiser for those rides with the Mrs. or trade in the cruiser on a Concours 14. Will depend on if I can get a longer riding season. Thanks for the reply. I just keep reading all of these people that can't keep a tire longer than 6k and figure that type of bike wouldn't be affordable to someone like me with three boys that I have to take care of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts