1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
I think that you would be better off with a BetteryTender. Automotive chargers have too many amps for long term maintenance and tend to boild out the electrolite. BatteryTender runs less than 0.5 amps and maintains a full charge. Will even charge a discharged batter, in time. I keep mine on maintenance charge all winter and have no problems.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have an old plug in charger with a cig. lighter hook up lying around,like for a booster pack or one from an old RC car you can use that too. Just get you a adapter with the alligator clips to plug in the cig lighter hook up and you are set.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigJohn, if you go to the Schumacher website Power Sports you'll see this product is listed under their power power sports equipment section, not the automotive section. The specs include: 1.5 amp charger and maintainer, LEDs indicate: Charging, Charged and Trouble, Automatically switches from Full Charge to Float-Mode Monitoring, quick disconnect harness, and reverse hookup protection. I ordered it today, and should have it by Monday so I'll have the battery ready to go through the winter. This is one of the best better charger brands out there, and the price is right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.