Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting a bike (im a newbie) its a 91 EX500 with 31K km on it and will be sold certified, new battery, along with a tune up, carbs cleaned, vavles checked ( the guy whos selling is a bike mechanic ) hes asking $2400 CND
is this a good price for this bike????

thanks

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
For what I know about bikes and bike shopping, I would say that price is reasonnable, even a little bit pricy. Considering my girlfriend just bought a 91 Cbr 600 for 2500 CND, I would say paying 2400$ is a bit expensive for the 500cc bike, since they are a supposed to be cheaper then a 600cc, and honda seems to be more expensive then kawa. My opinion is your paying the price of the bike, so its not a bargain, nor a deal. It's simply the price to pay for that bike. Hey, if the bike is running well and you dont think you'll have any problems any time soon, this might be a good deal. And last but not least, I would buy it because then you get to have some FUN!

Dave

·
Registered
605 Posts
see if you can get some new tires out of the deal, I think it's a good deal for a first time buyer either way

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replays.. i was told that the tires are good.. but will see what they look like when i go check out the bike.. cuz dryed out tires are pretty easy to spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts