Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...what is the best site to go to if you are looking to buy a motocycle. I have searched on cycletrader.com but people don't seem to use it that much because there's not too many new bikes being posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i know ebay's good and i checked out cragslist too....its also good,
Is there anything else? cause i want to look at as many bikes as i can so i can find the best deal

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Another vote for Craigslist. I've purchased two bikes I've found there, and likely soon to be a 3rd. If you're not buying new I think its the way to go. have heard good things about Cycletrader, but have no direct experience. Ebay is, well...ebay.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
yea i know ebay's good and i checked out cragslist too....its also good,
Is there anything else? cause i want to look at as many bikes as i can so i can find the best deal
Don't do the paralysis by analysis...Buy locally if you can. If you can't see the bike you should not be buying it.

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
I've bought 3 bikes off of ebay in the last year. Never been fortunate enough to find locally advertised ones at the prices I got from ebay sellers. In all 3 cases, the sellers I purchased from ended up being brick-and-mortar dealers (including a 2005 H-D Sportster from a Suzuki dealer). Almost won a fourth bike (Suzuki Bandit 1200) that was being sold on ebay by a local powersports dealer.

I checked into a couple of ads on cycletrader.com that turned out to be scams, so I don't bother checking there at all.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got mine through ebay just found one locally and drove there to make shure it was legit. but a warning while looking for a bike i found atleast 4 scams. if you get a email saying the bike is over seas its a scam.

·
Taste better comin up!
453 Posts
i found my bike an hour away on ebay final bid was 1100 with 7100 miles in great condition. before i found that one i was looking at a 2001 for 1700 but couldnt get the money i time. but im glad i didnt and found the 96

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is there any way to search craigslit nationwide? cause its kinda hard to go thru every city and area one by one...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts