Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my vulcan 900 custom last april and was taking a break from motorcycles for financial reasons. I almost scored a sweet deal on an 03 meanstreak with pipes, intake, tune for $3995 but it fell through... and i decided to try a super sport. just put a deposit on an 09 ZX-6R. $7469 out the door. i should be able to pick it up at 4pm today.

Before the vulcan i had a hayabusa so i am a bit of power monger. just wish I could get a ninja with a 750+ cc vtwin with at least 85-95whp+

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
you will love the ZX-6.... just dont go riding more than 2 hrs without a chance for your but to un-numb

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
I almost scored a sweet deal on an 03 meanstreak with pipes, intake, tune for $3995 but it fell through... and i decided to try a super sport.
I'm sorry.

·
USAF
312 Posts
A super sport bike is my next goal but will keep the 900 for crusing.
I have been looking to do the same thing. Something fun to commute on to work and play with on the weekends and keep the 1600 for when I want to cruise with the wife.

·
VN900
208 Posts
Have fun!!! When I feel the need for speed I ride my Eliminator but if I was looking new I would test the Z1000. I like that riding position better than my kids ZX636 & ZX10.

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Depending on a few things, we will be selling my wife's '08 ninja 250 and getting her a Yamaha FZ6R soon (she likes the looks of rockets more than cruisers). The ninja is a good bike to learn on but it kills me to ride it. It has fast looks but is slow as all hell, all show and no go.

It also kicks my *** every year to get it running again in the spring and the Yamaha is FI.

The FZ6R has slow 1/4 mile times for an in-line 4 (12.26 sec. @ 106.93 mph) but on par with a V2K (12.43-second quarter-mile, at 104.2 mph).

The bike gets good reviews for beginner 'rocket' style bikes.

Not counting the 'lil ninja, this will be the first rocket I will get to ride. Maybe in a couple years she will be ready for a liter bike, and then I'll be set.

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
My 72-year-old neighbor just traded in his FZ1 on a Raider. He is going more for comfort. He had a Ninja around age 67-68. :biggrin:

True.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts