·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodnight, sweetheart, well, it's time to go,
Goodnight, sweetheart, well, it's time to go,
I hate to leave you, but I really must say,
Goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight.

Today was the first formal day of hibernation for our bikes. While they had been sitting idle for a month already, today was the day that I officialy "winterized" them, and put them to sleep for the winter.

Boo-hoo.............:frown:

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
Mines been hibernating for almost 7 weeks now. If all goes well weather wise, we should be on the road around the first week of April. Only 90 some sleeps till ride time. Hang in there.:grouphug:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that guys,i'm still riding mine on and off. Last week's storm here in VA caused me to stop riding for a week but it felt like months!!. Soon it will all be over for me,i'm almost finished with shipping my stuff and Hopefully i'll be in TX in 1 more month or less.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Carlo, I can not imagine it....twis was a sunny, dry 34 degrees here in the Seattle area yesterday. Took the 900 for a little 40 mile spin. Sweet!!

·
Biker Chef
1,026 Posts
Mines been hibernating for almost 7 weeks now. If all goes well weather wise, we should be on the road around the first week of April. Only 90 some sleeps till ride time. Hang in there.:grouphug:
Let's hope it goes well. When it dosen't, then it's usually May till the bikes come out. Snow in April sux.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Ours have been sleeping since October. The only activity with them in the last 3 months is the battery tender being plugged in.

I did ride the little Honda 70 yesterday in the snow ... it was a hoot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think I'll ride mine to work this morning... but I'll have to put a jacket on, since it's about 50 degrees.... ;)

·
Guilty By Association
650 Posts
you guys suck.....i am lookin at the front yard--at the foot and a half of snow, and the bike staring at me from the murky depths of the garage corner, and just pout.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
I see the same thing, Redneckryder... I hope it thaws soon. I don't usually winterize as we can usually ride a time or two each month throughout our winter. It ain't lookin' too good for that right now :(

·
Night Rider
802 Posts
I was out yesterday for about 3-4 hours running errands and I'm getting ready to take a 2.5 hour drive south this Saturday to visit a motorcycle museum with a group of people that I sometimes ride with.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
That's it! Im moving to Texas! For the winter anyway.Looks like MO. is in the deep freeze for at least 10 days.then the meltdown will cause major street flooding.If only it would warm up and rain.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
I would settle with just riding up and down my street or even the sidewalk if it was clear.At least it doesn't have salt on it.:biggrin:

·
Patriot Guard Rider - PA
326 Posts
It just ain't fair....

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Slap. Dem. Texas. Boyz. ..... :mrgreen:

It's been so crappy and cold here in Pennsylvania that mine ("Ruby") has been hibernating in the barn for several weeks now. With the two feet of the white crap we got last week, the icing that is still prevalent around here after all the melting and rain, it doesn't look like I'll be taking her out for awhile.

I swear she was shakin' her saddlebags when the barn door opened and daylight hit the cover over her - thought she was going out!

<yep, I'l in a state of riding-deprived delirium, bear with me.... :mrgreen: )

Nah, not to be. Just a quick once over, plug the battery tender in, tuck the cover back over her and sadly close the door.

I do love Penn's Woods, but I get dang tired of the snow and ice crap....

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
Another PA rider here. "The Ghost" got put away at the end of November.
Bags off and some seafoam thru the full tank. I did run the engine for about 15 minutes so as to pump some seafoam up thru the system.
I will run the engine every few weeks. I just love to hear the sound!!!!
I figure for me, the bike has a shade over 2 months to hibernate as I will bring it out in March....as long as there aint no salt dust.

Lucky...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts